change ALPS to ordinary switch

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by leonard d rock, Sep 12, 2019.

1. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

hello,

i want to change the ts-9 switch to a more common electronic switch which is widely available. i think i can it be done be an ordinary on-off switch, or am i wrong? can it be done?

thanks, ldr

2. matmosphere

matmosphere Tele-Meister

Are you taking about a commercial pedal. pictures or some more descriptive information about what you want to do would help a lot.

leonard d rock likes this.
  3. matmosphere

matmosphere Tele-Meister

I think this is what you’re talking about.

https://www.premierguitar.com/artic...-perfect-your-ibanez-ts9-and-boss-sd-1?page=2

It’s not a super easy mod. I wouldn’t try it unless you have some experience de-soldering parts from a PCb already. In my experience Boss and Ibanez an EHX pedals don’t have super heavy duty pcb leeds

I’d honestly say you should just grab a cheap ts9 kit and build one yourself. It would take longer but be easier.

zippofan and leonard d rock like this.
  4. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

i was asking if i could change the stock switch of a ts 5 soundtank to a more common electronic switch

5. matmosphere

matmosphere Tele-Meister

Ts 9 or ts 5? Same pedal, just a different box. The ts9 has some space inside to work with, the ts5 not as much, but it may still be possible.

what do you mean when you say “more common electrical switch”? There are endless electrical switches so a little more detail is needed.

Can you give me an example of a pedal that has the type switch you want?

Is the switch broken?

Do you want it to be true bypass?

All of these things are possible.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.