Champagne Pearl Top tele body?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ViktorVon, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ViktorVon

ViktorVon TDPRI Member

Hi guys, wasn't sure which forum to post this on, so I just went general. So a guy locally has this new 'champagne pearl top' standard tele body for sale. He's asking $200, (a little steep) but I'm sure it's negotiable seeing as how I (and this seller) live in the boons, and there's like no market for guitars, let alone parts around here. It's also been on the classifieds for a while.

Problem is:
    1) He can't tell me where he bought it, or even what wood it's made from. He said basswood, maybe alder.

2) It has a black back. Not sure if I dig this. Is this normal for a champagne pearl top?

3) Can't seem to find any online images (or from my fellow tdpri'ers), of a tele with a champagne pearl top, so I don't have any ideas on how it could potentially look finished (with a pg and everything). Anyone have a chanpagne pearl top Tele, or know of something comparable to show how this body could be a cool project?

1490792238721.jpg
    1490792413149.jpg 1490792418101.jpg 1490792422781.jpg

2. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

3. ViktorVon

ViktorVon TDPRI Member

4. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Who knows. Like I said they're not identical. The photos you provided have a wire route and the gfs body stock images does not. But maybe there was a running change or something. I just immediately thought of the gfs body when I saw your pics.

5. ViktorVon

ViktorVon TDPRI Member

Ah ok, good call. Perhaps the seller drilled for wires. I see too on GF it says these bodies are not intended for pickguards. Interesting. I'd like to see some real examples of these chanpagne pearl top Teles to get an idea of how they could look. Maybe this body just isn't for me.

6. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Seriously doubt that, The normal GFS price is $79.

GFS always puts some outrageous retail price so you can see how wonderful their prices are.

Ask him if it comes with the crack pipe he been smokin'

7. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Alder is reddish brown and fine grained but grain lines will be visible. Basswood is light white and really really fine grained, also very light in weight. I'm guessing maybe alder

8. Formerblonde

Formerblonde Tele-Meister

There was a guy selling the exact same colour body over a year ago in Vanier, Went over and had a quick look at it but I thought it was ugly as sin so passed on it. He was asking $50 as I recall and was willing to let me have it for $40....That $10 dollar saving did NOT make it pretty.

I think you could do a whole lot better waiting for a Squier to become available in the area. Even an affinity body [in a colour you like] is a better buy in my opinion. For $200 you should even be able to pick up a Squier Standard Tele [string thru body and very nice neck]

9. ViktorVon

ViktorVon TDPRI Member

That's funny, I'm south of Ottawa, so it could be the same body floating around. Yeah I'm not gonna bother. I don't think there's anything I could do to make that body nice. I'd rather buy an unfinished body for $40, or a a used squier affinity like you mentioned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.