Chambered body Tele's

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by haggardfan1, Jun 4, 2014.

1. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Anyone remember the chambered body, spruce top Tele that MF advertised in about 2006? Not much to look at, just a butterscotch blackguard at first glance--but light, warm, throaty, and probably the finest guitar I ever had my hands on, and I lost it in a divorce. I remember the ad read something like, "powerful tones unlike any other Tele!" and it was no exaggeration.
    So, how many of you folks actually own guitars with tone chambers? Offhand, I know the CS Merle Haggard edition, and the Select series from a couple years ago (now discontinued, I think) were chambered bodies. By the way, the "violin burst" version of those, with gold hardware, were stunning.
    I would be fascinated to hear from some of you who I'm sure are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.

2. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Besides the Thinlines I think you covered all of the recent chambered Teles..

3. PumpJockey

PumpJockey Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I have made several and they can definitely have an interesting sound. The one I did that had a spruce top did not turn out as I had hoped, but spruce is the standard top wood for high end acoustics.

4. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

I own a chambered Tele w/ a very old curly maple top- exquisite sounding!!

5. euro

euro Tele-Holic

Fender built an FSR all mahogany chambered tele in transparent red back in 2007 or there abouts. I tried it out and loved it so much that now, I have two Jeff Neville teles on order, and both will be chambered.

I don't want heavy guitars any more. when I played LP's, the last 5 I had were the Cloud Nine chambered ones and loved everything about them. My two teles will weigh in the 6 1/2 lbs department.

6. August_West

August_West Tele-Meister

I had the spruce top chambered tele in a cherry burst finish. I really liked the guitar, but it lost out to a warmoth hardtail strat, then a blackguard partscaster. As much as I loved the spruce top'd chambered tele, I stumbled into a trade plus some cash deal to get a Martin D-18V. I was surprised how much the seller of the Martin offered me for the tele, so I did the deal. I don't regret the trade because the Martin is a tone monster, and my partscaster tele is the best electric I've owned in every way (tone, feel, intonation, etc).

7. Tom S

Tom S Friend of Leo's

I had this one (recently sold), same as described:

[​IMG]

and built this chambered spruce-top:

[​IMG]

Chambered is nice!

8. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

That one in the top photo is identical to the one I had. Gave me a big old twinge of regret, (although I dearly love the Lite Ash in natural that I have now).

9. pmcgee

pmcgee Tele-Meister

Attached Files:

10. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

I had one of the FSR chambered mahogany Teles as well. I sold it. What an idiot. This photo doesn't do justice to the beautiful finish on the guitar.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.