1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ceriatone OTS20 Lunchbox: Awesome

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by slickman, Aug 25, 2016.

1. slickman

slickman TDPRI Member

I see a lot of folks asking about the Ceriatone amps and in particular the OTS20 Lunchbox Dumble Clone. I have had mine for a couple of months now and wow, it is so badass. It takes some time to get used to hearing as it is so balanced and really responds to the nuances and playing. After playing this I can hear "flaws" in just about all other amps I play. Its hard to describe. I will say this: You won't regret buying one of these amps. The quality is awesome, service awesome, and the tone.....sick. Plus you will be out under a grand. Amazing clean tone, overdrive is great without pedals. If mine were stolen or broken I would buy another one immediately. Only advice - get a power attenuator if you are have kids/wife as this is a loud 20W. I have the Dr. Z Brake Light. My two bits.......

I have a G&L Legacy (strat) USA custom series that really sings through it. I have a nice Ibanez Artcore with humbuckers sounds fat and full. And P90's in my Airline Tuxedo so it adds to the tone of all these type guitars and pickups. My favorite pedal is the Bogner Burnley with the gain turned to "0" and that makes the Ceriatone wail.

2. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

My other amps sound dead compared to my Quinn ODS, based on the Dumble OTS. I used to get some expressive sounds that seemed light and airy, heavy and foreboding, badass crunchy, reformed badass crunchy, sad, poignant, and so on. With the Quinn, my expressive palette now includes sounds that recall the feeling that I imagined that a person feels when they got some good news in the mail, but were running late for an after school job, where a co-worker had chided them for forgetting to wear a tie twice last week, and now seems a little guarded, as if someone had said something about that to the manager, whose daughter called one of your former friends a twerp in front of your next-door neighbor's grandparents, who had been fighting a change to a housing ordinance where they had lived since they were first married (he for the second time, after his first wife ran off with one of the guys at Costco). I've been trying to dial that feeling in with pedals, but with no success until I started to learn more about the OTS's range of expression.

Guitandanza and Telenut62 like this.
  3. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

View attachment 373960

:D

FB_IMG_14618084323111.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.