1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Centerfield Intro

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by gtroates, Mar 1, 2021.

1. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Holic

Hey all,
    I decided to transcribe and write out this intro because it always sticks in my head when I hear it. It’s 18 bars long including the reverse gated hand clap rhythms.
    06D55014-29D9-4FBC-8D60-A518E60D10D6.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    drewg, McGlamRock, BB and 2 others like this.
  2. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

Nice! I love that song. I've always played bar 13 a little bit differently than you. And I am NOT demanding that I'm right, but I play the those same 2 strings but with the D-string fretted at fret 2...basically an A power chord I guess. Will have to try it this other way and see what I think!

Also, I am unable to sing this in G, so I use a effect to lower the pitch of the guitar a three half steps down so I can sing it E, but still play the guitar part as written.

3. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Holic

Junkyard,
    That’s what I get for trusting my 3:00am ears to transcribe . Thanks for pointing it out, I heard a couple of things differently this afternoon with fresh ears, so I changed the music I posted to reflect it. If you printed that one out, please replace it with the revised one.

Junkyard Dog likes this.
  4. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome, your timing is perfect! I was watching some Spring Training games earlier today. I think I will make my neighbors angry and try to sing this one tomorrow LOL
    Great job though. Thanks for sharing.

gtroates likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.