• Rude/selfish

• Annoying, but nothing really wrong with it

• Totally fine

• Insert random age-specific mockery here

• Not a real good reason to get arrested for assualt/GBH

Results are only viewable after voting.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
It isn't so much phone conversations. There's always been loud people in public places. It's the media/videos, specifically, that I ranted about. Also, I work at a University. I do agree with most of your points.

I interact with many polite and respectful students. I get called "Sir" frequently. Students here make eye contact, hold doors, and generally respect others.

That said, I saw students cheating on exams with their phones in the bathroom all this week. It literally just happened again. Either they are cheating, or they just like to go into the bathroom, loiter furtively, not use the toilet or sink, and look random things up in stinky bathrooms instead of out in the hallways, or in lecture. They are quite respectful and considerate - except for the fact that they don't realize or care that they are literally pointing their phones (cameras) at me and others in a bathroom.

Imagine some rando pointing a camera at you while you used the bathroom in 1985. Or 1995. Imagine it today, say in a truckstop on I-75. I suggest someone might get their butts kicked.

I truly hope those persons do not become Pharmacists or Doctors. If you need to cheat on a 200 level mid-term then you are failing as a student and an adult. I imagine I could be disciplined (or worse) if I confronted the wrong student for cheating, or for literally pointing a camera at people in a bathroom.

Whatever bias I may have (or that I may be unaware of) means very little when another person has no awareness or concern how their actions affect others.
In 1985 I was back finishing my degree started in 1977. In my struggles, I found the rich person in my class had the person paid to cheat waiting in the bathroom.

My kids in a top school now say some express frustration with how hard it is to cheat because they are at the classic point I time when same tough math, chem and physics classes are weeding out kids. My 3 are in engineering, nursing and health sciences so maybe it is easier to cheat in other areas.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There is nowhere to escape the people who are obnoxious on phones. Even the golf course has been invaded by those who must make noise. They have little Bluetooth speakers with magnets on them, they stick 'em on the windshield frame and play whatever brand of music THEY happen to like, Rap, and Mexican Hip Hop are among the favorites on public courses. I enjoyed so much recently going to a country club where there was NO noise. Anyone playing amplified music would most likely have to go before the board to determine if they should be flogged or hung.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It is the way of the world now, you MUST up with put, ANYTHING ANYONE can think up to annoy you while they ENJOY themselves.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In 1985 I was back finishing my degree started in 1977. In my struggles, I found the rich person in my class had the person paid to cheat waiting in the bathroom.

My kids in a top school now say some express frustration with how hard it is to cheat because they are at the classic point I time when same tough math, chem and physics classes are weeding out kids. My 3 are in engineering, nursing and health sciences so maybe it is easier to cheat in other areas.

“I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”​

― Woody Allen, Annie Hall: Screenplay