1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Celestion Creamback M-65 demonstration (clean/crunch/high gain)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by c_tecks, Dec 14, 2020.

1. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

Any Creamback users here?
    It's one of my favourite speakers out there.

I'm demo'ing all my speakers on YouTube.
    Every Sunday I add a new one, next Sunday (20th) I'm uploading the Celestion Cream.

If you like my demo video's, please consider subscribing.

2. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Afflicted

I have Creambacks in my 2x12 cab. They sound great. IMG_20190603_173806.jpg

3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I prefer the creamback 65 75hz in my goodsell. Not 65hz

These are great speakers. They are now the default for some boutique amp builders.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  4. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I had an M65 in my '58 Twin, paired with an Eminence 1258. That was a great combo.

But, I wanted to shed a few pounds, so went with a Neo Creamback and a Jensen Neo 12-100. Another great combo!

The Creamback G12-M65 is one of my favorite speakers, for sure!

5. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

`
    Sounds great... in that video... and thanks for that.

The only problem I have with these sorts of demonstrations is that, just because it sounds great in one setup doesn't guarantee it will automatically work in everything else.

If you're just showing how it sounds in one specific setup, then maybe a person with the same setup will find it useful - but I didn't see that you mentioned what amp it was in.

But, how does it sound in an inherently brighter amp? Or an inherently darker amp?

A more thorough demonstration would have the same speaker used in a wide variety of amplifiers to determine how it reacts to each individually. I'd say you'd need to at least test it in each "type" of amp: Vox, Fender, Marshall (both modern and vintage - clean and overdriven - and with various guitar types) and only then can a person accurately assess whether it's worth considering for their own specific setup...

`

6. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

Well, actually the amps you mentioned are the ones I don't even own (anymore) or care about, probably because I'm a different player than you are.
    I've used a Mesa Boogie Roadster, all the info is in the description of the video.

I think Mesa Boogie is one of the best brands that are able to cover any genre, from warm clean jazz to high gain sizzling heavy metal.

The problem is, you can never create a movie like this and satisfy EVERYONE.
    That's why I've used a mesa oversized cabinet, which is an industry standard for a lot of players.
    But I guess you're right, I could use different cabinets and amps and all that, but I'm a small YouTuber, the amount of time it would take me doesn't cover the amount of views I usually get for this.
    If I would get 100k views for such a movie, I'd definitely do the extra effort ;-)

radiocaster likes this.
  7. LostTheTone

LostTheTone Tele-Meister

Props to you for having a credible modern metal set-up for your high gain sound.

It drives me crazy when I look at reviews for things and they say "Ok, let's really get heavy" and pickup an axe with a JB and the amp sounds like Deep Purple. Now, I have no problems with JBs, or with Deep Purple, but I can't respect a review who thinks this is as heavy as I need.

At a minimum, I want to see a Pantera level of heaviness for a high gain sound, and I'd put yours a little bit beyond that, more towards a melodic death metal sound. For my tastes it needs more gain, but yeah, that's fine for a review.

Y'all might not care all that much, but when you're tuning down and need a very tight, focused sound you just need to hear it.

Also, that purple guitar has a lovely finish.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.