Celestion Cream 90 Watt Alnico (glorious laid-back attack)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Irondog, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Irondog

Irondog TDPRI Member

any owners have some reviews or opinions?

I'm curious as to the interpretations of glorious laid-back attack.

I have one of these arriving shortly, to be installed in a Marshall 50 W JVM.

I'm very curious as anyone else drinking the Kool-Aid on these?

All the YouTube videos it sounds very good. almost unanimously excellent reviews.
    I do want some Kool-Aid.

I've tried a couple of ceramic magnet speakers, and my opinion was the attack is too hard, I seem to have lost picking dynamics when I compared to some other amplifier speaker combos.
    The OEM is the Celestion G 12 bass speaker, it's basically slightly dull until you get into the extreme gain sections then it seems to work decent.
    currently have the Celestion G 12 H 75 W ceramic, it's an improvement over the OEM, but the string attack still feels quick and hard too compressed?.
    I play 60s 70s rock and blues, telecaster. Strat, PRS DGT, the orange and red channel on the clean are a 59 plexi and a JCM 800,remodels, just fantastic when I find the sweet spot,

So I'm guessing the alnico cream may hit the extra sweet spot for me.

2. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I like the gold 50w. Not tried the cream.
    Hope you like it.

3. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Yes. I have the UK made Creamback in my DRRI. I think Robben Ford uses Creambacks.

Got rid of the harsher ice pick top, smoothed and enriched the mids. I notice it most at volume when it just punches correctly in the band. At lower volumes less so.

As a Brit I am possibly more attuned to that woodier mid rich tone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.