Cavalier pickups in tele live video

smokebreak

Tele-Meister
I've had a set of Rob's pickups in an MJT ash tele for 6 months are so, and am well out of the honeymoon phase, so I wanted to report on just how much I still love these pickups, and how they they function in a real world setting at my job (in da clubs) with other loud things happening around me.

I've got a fat lion in the bridge and AR90 in the neck, w A3 magnets. I do a lot of stuff where I have to go from classic honky tonk to rockabilly to straight up 50's rocknroll, to country jazz, and this is absolutely my go-to guitar when I have to straddle all these styles.
In the video I'm using an amp I made out of an old SF Bassman that was rusted and rotted (Transformers and chassis salvaged), that's basically a Vibroverb w a 15" Weber.
What I like about these pickups is how all of the sounds I need are right there, with the volume and tone controls(500K). I set the amp really bright, and then actually use those damn knobs! A bright amp with a slightly rolled back tone gives a super thick sound, and with the tone all the way up and volume down a crack, perfect for bakersfield.
Anyways, here's a gig I was on this weekend that I thought really highlighted how these pickups sound, and how much they cut through, without seeming "loud". There's a couple solo sections, but I really love how they sit during vocals.

Chicago Matt

Friend of Leo's
I love Rob's pickups too. My favorite Tele is a partscaster with an MJT ash body and a fat lion in the bridge and low-wind P90 in the neck position. Great minds think alike?

Love your video - cool amp, cool guitar, great tone and some mighty fine pickin'! What's not to like?
Thanks for posting!

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
I've had a set of Rob's pickups in an MJT ash tele for 6 months are so, and am well out of the honeymoon phase, so I wanted to report on just how much I still love these pickups, and how they they function in a real world setting at my job (in da clubs) with other loud things happening around me.

I've got a fat lion in the bridge and AR90 in the neck, w A3 magnets. I do a lot of stuff where I have to go from classic honky tonk to rockabilly to straight up 50's rocknroll, to country jazz, and this is absolutely my go-to guitar when I have to straddle all these styles.
In the video I'm using an amp I made out of an old SF Bassman that was rusted and rotted (Transformers and chassis salvaged), that's basically a Vibroverb w a 15" Weber.
What I like about these pickups is how all of the sounds I need are right there, with the volume and tone controls(500K). I set the amp really bright, and then actually use those damn knobs! A bright amp with a slightly rolled back tone gives a super thick sound, and with the tone all the way up and volume down a crack, perfect for bakersfield.
Anyways, here's a gig I was on this weekend that I thought really highlighted how these pickups sound, and how much they cut through, without seeming "loud". There's a couple solo sections, but I really love how they sit during vocals.

Yeah, I am also a big fan of P-90's in the neck position in a Telecaster so long as it is not wound too hot. The A3 with those 500Ks solves a lot of problems with that combo.