Cavalier Phoenix Firebird

Rob DiStefano

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Finally got the materials I require for this pickup's vintage build, it's now back on the Cavalier website order page.

Phoenix Firebird

phoenix_firebirds.jpg

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
I can attest that it is a very fine pickup.
(Which, of course, shouldn't surprise anyone who knows Rob's work...))

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Watching this thread. I've got a Phoenix Firebird with 4,200 turns/coil of 42 AWG. I'm thinking about pairing it with a Fender '51 Nocaster bridge pickup and seeking a volume pot value that's a good middle ground between the two pickups.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Got one on the way! Now to find something to put it in LOL.

To celebrate, my favourite Firebird tone:

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Mine arrived today, thanks Rob. They look great.Guess I need to get back to work on my Firebird build.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Anyone that uses Firebirds, do you prefer them in the neck or the bridge or like them evenly in both positions?

(I realize this is a tele forum and there will probably be more folks using them in the neck with a tele bridge pickups)

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Anyone that uses Firebirds, do you prefer them in the neck or the bridge or like them evenly in both positions?

(I realize this is a tele forum and there will probably be more folks using them in the neck with a tele bridge pickups)
So far I've only had them in the neck position and loved it, but I liked Neil Young's bridge position Firebird in his Black LP and Johnny Winter and Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bonamassa.

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Have to say that these are my first Alnico 5's, all of mine have been Alnico 2 so far.
Have always liked the sound samples of Rob's pickups on his site.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Got one on the way! Now to find something to put it in LOL.

To celebrate, my favourite Firebird tone:

I need to issue a retraction. I watched the rest of this concert and that firebird has a dogear P90 in the bridge and that is the pickup he appears to stay on most of the time.

My apologies.

rigatele

Tele-Afflicted
FWIW, I have been playing mine clean, with only the neck pickup selected and tone on 2 or 3. I have one in the bridge too, but the neck only sound is sweet for jazz rhythm comping.