Cavalier Bakersfield and Nashville Tap Owners…

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Tele-Meister, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Tele-Meister

Tele-Meister Tele-Meister

How do you guys like this pickup configuration! Is there a good output and eq difference between these two? Thanks!

2. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

I think you might want to consider a wider "gap" between the two taps. If you look at the Cavalier website you see that the Bakersfield and the Nashville are right next to each other in the Cavalier "spectrum" (as far as the pickups using A5 go). I have a Bakersfield/Fat tapped pickup in my Esquire (the Fat being "one farther" from the Bakersfield than the Nashville is), and there's a nice difference between the two without it being a radical difference (and the difference for me is more EQ than output). The Bakersfield is more twang and the Fat more rock, but they can also cover for each other without sounding wrong for the part. I have a Nashville in my Tele, and for me at least there isn't enough difference between that and the Bakersfield to make a tapped pickup worth it.

SPUDCASTER and BB like this.
  3. Tele-Meister

Thanks for your input! Really useful stuff. I see. I was actually thinking of a double tap, where the first two are the ones we just talked about and the last is a Humongous lion. The Nashville will be the main bridge tone. But I’ll have knobs to go to something a bit more scooped with more treble, this role filled by the Bakersfield tap. Also should make the neck and bridge position sound “chimier”. Then if I want something to with a lot more Midrange, I engage the Monster. As long as there’s some difference between Nashville and Bakersfield, and thanks to you I know it will be more subtle.

4. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

Is this for an Esquire? I'm just confused by your mention of a neck position.

Yes, it's there but it's subtle. If you haven't watched the demo videos I recommend you do. Demo videos aren't always the best but most of Cavalier's are by the same guy in the same room with the same gear, so they're good for comparing different Cavalier models.

I'm considering a double tap for my Esquire as well, a Bakersfield-Fat-(Huge or Humongous, unsure which).

Tele-Meister likes this.
  5. Tele-Meister

Not an esquire, for a Telecaster. Yeah the Nashville and Bakersfield by @roknfnrol (awesome guy!) sound different though! The Bakersfield is more scooped and bright, while the Nashville is thicker. But to ensure there's a bit of a difference, in the tap, I can ask Rob if he can just put less coil winds for the Bakersfield tap, and a bit more for the Nashville tap!

Bruxist likes this.
  6. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Go direct to the source, call Rob.

I have a Fat/Bakersfield and several Nashville's. The Bakersfield side does the Rich, Nichols and early Burton thing well. The Fat side, although touted for rock. Gets to the Messina/Gill type thing for me.

Probably depends upon the material you're playing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.