1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Caution fellow Reverber buyers...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Festofish, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I bought an EHX 8-Step Program from a random, highly rated shop in NY via Reverb. Sweetwater was out and NY isn’t that far from Michigan shipping wise. Took three days to find out they are on back order. So I got to buy another and finally got to my fourth shop that actually had the item. Nobody had it but all were selling as if it were in stock. If you plan on buying anything new online, I’d ask if it’s in stock first.

2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Lot of online retailers are out of stock, and in a lot of cases it could be months before they restock. There's a lot of folks in lockdown learning to be the next Hendrix right now.

3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

In my business I’m waiting and waiting for cables, augers, keys, and other stuff. Patience is not a virtue it’s a necessity

Festofish likes this.
  4. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

That is the nature of the online industry. They store the stuff in warehouses and drop ship from what is closest. The actual inventory record is on the computer, nobody really knows if it is correct and often isn't updated very often. So, you place an order, the computer says it is in the warehouse, but the inventory is a month old and the item isn't actually there.

It is one of the reasons I never buy auto parts from Napa any longer, their locations don't stock much of anything so they have to order it from their warehouse. Not only do you wait several days, but they actually charge you shipping costs....might as well just order the damn things yourself which is what I now do.

Festofish and scook like this.
  5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I’m right there with the “don’t trust shipping” mentality.
    I drove from the farm here in S. La to Murfreesboro Tennessee a couple weeks ago to pick up a Martin that I didn’t trust to be shipped.
    Especially with all the cold that was forecast.

6. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Have only bought one thing from a Reverb “store,” arrived quickly, but this was a year and a half ago before, you know....our daughter ordered her fiancé a Epi SG for Christmas in like early November.... guess it got back in stock and arrived a few days before Christmas, which was cool other than her stress... she had it delivered to our house for the surprise, and I was given authority to inbox it and give it a going over.. Epi SG something, worn cherry finish, P90s, super nice guitar..guess being outta stock/behind schedule is the norm anymore

7. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yup. Normally I’d by used but I’d only save like $20 over a new one so...new one it is. Some sellers are either idiots or con men trying to sell used for the price of new. Then again there’s a sucker born every minute.

Marc Morfei likes this.
  8. Teleslinger2B

Teleslinger2B TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Wow that’s quite a trip but worth it in the end I imagine

985plowboy likes this.
  9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Here we go again...

Maybe this is just a recent trend, but i now send a request, to ask,

In stock y/n?
    In possession of the shipper in 48 hrs y/n?

If i dont get a response, thats a response. If i get a generic non-answer, thats a response.

Festofish likes this.
  10. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

A lot of people are missing the point here.

It has nothing to do with items being back ordered.

It has everything to do with sellers duping people into giving them their money by either not updating their inventory or flat out lying about it it being “in stock”. OP is warning people about a very observable pattern that is very inconvenient to the buyer. Perfectly fair post.

It also has nothing to do with “warehouse inventory”. It doesn’t work like that.

Festofish and schmee like this.
  11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, it's a PITA when someone sells something they dont have. I've had them never notify before only to research and find out it's "not available" a week after I expected to have it! That was B&H Photo in new York I haven't bought from them since.

One advantage of using Paypal is you can cancel immediately.

billy logan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.