Cats Are the BEST!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, May 8, 2021.

1. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

Breathe, breathe !

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I thought the video was a refreshing look at how cats really are!. I know many people love them, and I can understand that. My first wife was at least half cat, and just about as dangerous. Perhaps the experience lingers on, and I just don't get on with them. I have one that has apparently been trying to make friends with me for over thirteen years by crapping EVERY day by my backyard gate. I'm not offended, nor do I try to harm him because I am reasonably certain someone cares for and feeds it everyday, the evidence of which is in my yard.

It's funny, I still don't hate cats, in fact, at a distance I think they're just fine. When they get close to me, they either scratch me, (if I get off lucky) or bite me clear to the bone. I would NEVER trust a cat to be in the house with me while I slept. I don't care if your momma sleeps with one as a pillow, not in my house at night while I was asleep and unable to fend off an attack.

Torren61 likes this.
  3. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I'm breathing well. I just wanted you to be happier. Are you not happier than you were earlier?

4. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Anyone who has a cat and doesn't recognize the cat body language of "I'm going to kill you," will learn real fast.

5. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Afflicted

He DOES have that look in his eye..... watchout...!!!

Cali Dude likes this.
  6. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

Diesel don't! Ultrachill, cool, loving, but such a loudmouth! He DOES like to hang out in odd postures, however! 20191110_153455.jpg 20200506_084713.jpg

And, he likes to pull down the bath towels and wallow in them.

7. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

They had it coming.

brookdalebill likes this.
  8. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

I am the king of dogs, but oddly I have never owned a dog. Plenty of family dogs though.
    I have had cats since ~1960, usually just one at a time.
    Over the years all of my cats have been of good disposition and all have favored Little Friskies (ocean fish flavor).
    My last of the series, Frankie, would choose Friskies over a whole tuna fresh from the sea. I saw this with my own eyes.
    I attribute my good relationships with cats to the plentiful supply of Friskies.
    Cats are smart and know about having a good supply chain of tasty chow.
    In return my cats often brought me treats - rats and such. Nothing like swinging out of bed and stepping on a fresh, juicy rodent!
    I considered changing my name to king of cats and dogs. Maybe I will some day.
    I am also king of rats, but that is a story for another time, and in fact may not pass muster with the mods.

King

brookdalebill and black_doug like this.
  9. effzee

effzee Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I let my dog read this thread and this was the look she gave me

IMG_20210323_090856_edit_17401174381719.jpg

10. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

11. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

This website gets stupid flakey on mobile.

Anyway, @Happy Enchilada, what I was going to say is that we unfortunately went through that with our oldest cat a few years ago. We gave him subcutaneous fluids everyday for about 2 years. In the end it was twice a day. Then, one day he started hiding in the cabinet under one of the sinks in our bathroom, a place he had never gone before. We knew what that meant. Calling the vet to discuss euthanasiaia was the probably the toughest phone call I've ever made. I could barely talk to them.

Cali Dude and Bluesboy3 like this.
  12. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

We have a tuxedo cat we adopted, and she is straight up ghetto. She loves to come over to me on the sofa and be my heated arm rest. Just the sweetest thing ever. Unless you’re a stranger, or for that matter, a friend or extended family member. I warn every single visitor not to mess with her. Just leave her be. Some people just can’t accept good advice when they hear it. My son was over the other day, and he decided to get in close to her face as she retreated to the steps going upstairs. I warned him one more time, but he persevered with his kitty speak- which she hates.

He went in one last time, and she went full-on Bruce Lee on him. Really messed him up. It lasted about 7 tens of a second, but when it was over, he was bleeding from several places, including one spot on his forehead in which she left a memento. It was one of her claws! I couldn’t get angry at her. She showed tremendous restraint. She must have hissed and growled seven times throughout his persistent advances. Good cat.

Euphonica likes this.
  13. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The same is true for the beast in my avatar image. Clyde was with me for 19 years, and was always a great buddy.

14. kafka

kafka Friend of Leo's

15. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

I had a tortoiseshell and a black cat in Africa and it wasn't uncommon for them to bring a white feline friend back at night time to share space on top of my bed. It usually sauntered off at daybreak; I guess the proper 'owner' had a better breakfast menu. Some rotten *&$~@# poisoned the friendly little soul eventually. :mad:
    Another cat I had used to get really jealous when my girlfriend visited and did its best to squeeze between us.
    Intriguing creatures...

Cali Dude likes this.
  16. kafka

kafka Friend of Leo's

Ours gets upset when my wife sits next to me. He's really put out if I pick him up and move him away. He has learned that I'm not really being mean to him if I put him on just the other side of her. But I'm his main person, and we need to be together, all day, all evening, first thing in the morning, if I'm working in the garage, if I'm playing guitar, if I'm reading, watching a movie, whatever.

17. Euphonica

Euphonica Tele-Meister

18. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Man. I’m sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is hard.

19. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

20. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have two little girl kitties.
    Thomasina, a tiny Siamese, and Arlene a rare;) female orange tabby.
    I love em’, and neither have a mean bone in their body.
    Thanks for listening.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.