Cats Are the BEST!

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
oh... My bad. i like the tie rack idea. Maybe i should pattent the thing.

There's about thirty of them in this pile, not including the misc. marathon awards on the shelf...
IMG_20221026_071024723.jpg

Last edited:

aging_rocker

Poster Extraordinaire
Some of you may recall that one of our cats had a back leg amputated a couple of years back after being attacked by a dog.

She's the sweetest thing, and still surprisingly nimble and active for a tripod.

A couple of days ago, after being out for a few hours, she turned up home basically dragging her a$$ across the ground.

We freaked out a bit, because if she significantly/permanently damages any of her remaining legs then it's game over for her. I often joke about getting creative with a roller-skate and a bungy cord, but...

Anyway, a quick trip to the vets later, it turns out she has an infected toe/claw on her back foot, pretty nasty and she was running a temperature but after pain-relief and antibiotic injections, now she's getting back to normal.

The relief for all of us is huge. I saw her sitting up on top of our 6-foot high wooden fence today, so it's obviously healing nicely. She's also very fond of the couch:

1666917274319.png

She's spent so much time at the vets over the years that she knows the place well, and always gives me a look that I'm convinced means "...you've brought me to that place where they shove things up my a$$ again, haven't you?..." 😾

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Some of you may recall that one of our cats had a back leg amputated a couple of years back after being attacked by a dog.

She's the sweetest thing, and still surprisingly nimble and active for a tripod.

A couple of days ago, after being out for a few hours, she turned up home basically dragging her a$$ across the ground.

We freaked out a bit, because if she significantly/permanently damages any of her remaining legs then it's game over for her. I often joke about getting creative with a roller-skate and a bungy cord, but...

Anyway, a quick trip to the vets later, it turns out she has an infected toe/claw on her back foot, pretty nasty and she was running a temperature but after pain-relief and antibiotic injections, now she's getting back to normal.

The relief for all of us is huge. I saw her sitting up on top of our 6-foot high wooden fence today, so it's obviously healing nicely. She's also very fond of the couch:

View attachment 1044945

She's spent so much time at the vets over the years that she knows the place well, and always gives me a look that I'm convinced means "...you've brought me to that place where they shove things up my a$$ again, haven't you?..." 😾
Glad she’s on the mend!
What’s her name?
Here’s our neighbor’s cat, Moonie.
She likes to visit when I come home from gigs.
I LOVE brindle kitties!
7A1D2AA6-FF13-451C-A0B4-881DBA20637B.jpeg
C0820BD1-B2D3-4981-9157-4707EDDC2403.jpeg
AFF86317-3051-4EEE-B472-E920C46A8511.jpeg
2BFD8914-AD55-46F1-860D-D68BC16A17A9.jpeg

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
"I'm not stuck honest, I'm fine!"
View attachment 1043324
[He was stuck. I had to rescue him.]

I've done that. Rogue was swatting at catnip mice under the fridge, and got her right paw stuck. I happened along her and she was cryin' and a cryin'. I dislodged her right front paw, after a lot of, please don't freak out. She's kinda strange and was raised in a bath tub full of puppies, so she had some very dog-like tendencies in her behaviors. She was ever so grateful to be freed from the evil refrigerator, and was rubsy, rubsy for a few minutes.

She would go into the shower are and beg to be let it, and she would roll around in the dry tub, just happy as a clam. Very funny cat.

gabasa

Tele-Afflicted
This is the coolest thread I've read in a long time.

I have a soft spot for cats; we have three.

The video in the OP made me laugh at first, but all those cats look distressed to the point of mistreatment. The lady on the couch hit the cat several times, which is plain wrong. You don't treat an animal like that. Our three have never once attacked anyone in our home, they're just smooshy teddy bears.

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
This is the coolest thread I've read in a long time.

I have a soft spot for cats; we have three.

The video in the OP made me laugh at first, but all those cats look distressed to the point of mistreatment. The lady on the couch hit the cat several times, which is plain wrong. You don't treat an animal like that. Our three have never once attacked anyone in our home, they're just smooshy teddy bears.
Smooshy, indeed - our foster cat Bogart fits the bill.
Here, he's resting between Mrs Deeve & this grinning fool.
I'm soooo happy to have a cat on the premises again, if only while Pip's out of town.
20221028_224438.jpg