Attachments

• 95D03F78-A5D6-497A-A415-F6C47B2F14FE.jpeg
    95D03F78-A5D6-497A-A415-F6C47B2F14FE.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 37

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
Sabrina
photo_2021-07-16_20-09-51.jpg

A year ago found her in my yard. Actually the neighbors were staring at my car so I went out to see what's up. A kitten was crying under my SUV hiding on top of the spare tire down there. Wouldn't come out so I had to resort to a can of tuna, that did the trick. Had her about three weeks before I could find the right foster home. Finally did. The woman came down to TJ, met her at a supermarket and she took Sabrina back to San Diego. Got spayed, vaccinated, health care etc. She went fast, had two different people wanting to adopt her before she was ready. So she went to her forever home. I was happy I could make it happen.

Last edited:

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Sabrina
View attachment 997521
A year ago found her in my yard. Actually the neighbors were staring at my car so I went out to see what's up. A kitten was crying under my SUV hiding on top of the spare tire down there. Wouldn't come out so I had to resort to a can of tuna, that did the trick. Had her about three weeks before I could find the right foster home. Finally did. The woman came down to TJ, met her at a supermarket and she took Sabrina back to San Diego. Got spayed, vaccinated, health care etc. She went fast, had two different people wanting to adopt here before she was ready. So she went to her forever home. I was happy I could make it happen.
I like these happy ending stories - that's sorta how we wound up w/ Betty & Minnie.
They lived like Queens and we miss them terribly.

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
Cats find me. They just do, always have. (I like dogs too. Well, some dog breeds I like, some others, not so much.)

In 2016 during a week long summer heat wave in central Oregon I was out one Saturday tooling around in my car. At some time previously I had spotted this tree-shaded area near a curve in a country road near the Wheatland ferry north of Salem. Thought it'd be cool to stop there - and filed it away in my memory.
I had just gotten a cold soft drink at a convenience store and was on that road so I stopped there. This is out in the country. So I'm sitting trynna catch a breeze and I hear a meowing, wtf? I got out of my car and behind a log was a little kitten! Some one had dumped him, probably earlier that morning. Left a paper plate of food which was now eaten.
Kinda pissed me off, they left him to die. Wouldn't have lasted the day, there are coyotes out there. Well, obviously I HAD to take him home - it was fate that I stopped within a couple hours of someone dumping him.
Put him in my car and he jumped out! I had the windows rolled down, lol. Duh. So I rolled up my windows got out and sat down in the shade leaning against my car. He was wary and it took a few minutes but he came over for some petting and behind the ear scratches, lol. Couldn't have been more than six weeks old, probably less, his eyes were still blue. Got him in the car and took him to my Mom's which was way closer than my place. I figured she might have some milk. He cried the entire way there. I named him Timmy Pavorotti cuz he just had to sing. Timmy "Almost a Coyotes Lunch" Pavorotti is his full name. Anyway, I was gonna find him a foster home but my Mom fell in love with him. She had him five years until she moved into an assisted living facility. We found Timmy a new home with an older lady in Canby. I'm glad I could give him a good life.
Here's a pic of him. He's a big hairy boy, only 9.6 pounds but his hair makes him look huge. Very, very mellow. I miss him.
UVIYrsE.jpg

Last edited: