Catalytic Converter Theft Ring Busted!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Walked out with a co-worker one day. He went to his brand new Honda Civic. Got in the car and started it, the car ran like crap! :eek: Then he tried to move it, the brakes didn't work! :eek::eek: Come to find out someone had crawled under the dang car, cut the Cat right out and didn't care what else they cut through... brake lines and all!!! :eek::eek::eek: In broad daylight no less. It was crazy... unfortunately they never caught em. How the heck they did that with no one seeing/hearing a thing is still a mystery, including whatever tool they used. Yes... it certainly does happen, sadly, and I was there to see it. Nuts man.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
There’s a charity in this part of the world that lost the cat on their delivery truck to thieves. Twice. I don’t get as mouth-frothing as some folks about property theft in general, but from a truck with a charity’s name on it? One step above animal cruelty, if you ask me.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Walked out with a co-worker one day. He went to his brand new Honda Civic. Got in the car and started it, the car ran like crap! :eek: Then he tried to move it, the brakes didn't work! :eek::eek: Come to find out someone had crawled under the dang car, cut the Cat right out and didn't care what else they cut through... brake lines and all!!! :eek::eek::eek: In broad daylight no less. It was crazy... unfortunately they never caught em. How the heck they did that with no one seeing/hearing a thing is still a mystery, including whatever tool they used. Yes... it certainly does happen, sadly, and I was there to see it. Nuts man.

A fellow down the street from me, and this is a pretty quiet neighborhood brought his work truck home with a big Whacky Packer compactor on a carrier on the front of it. During the night someone stole the Whacky Packer and put it in the trunk of a Toyota Corolla caught on a surveillance camera of the neighbors. Can you imagine going around to construction contractors, and asking if you wanna buy a compactor, and the Corrola dragging the ground from the weight of it?

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
A fellow down the street from me, and this is a pretty quiet neighborhood brought his work truck home with a big Whacky Packer compactor on a carrier on the front of it. During the night someone stole the Whacky Packer and put it in the trunk of a Toyota Corolla caught on a surveillance camera of the neighbors. Can you imagine going around to construction contractors, and asking if you wanna buy a compactor, and the Corrola dragging the ground from the weight of it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Wow.....

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Dying breed anyway. Pretty sure cars from the last 5 or more years have their cats right at the exhaust manifold. Probably not possible to cut them off any more.

As brazen as the thiefs were that I experienced with my buddy, in broad daylight, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd just cut the hood off the car and take the manifold with it! LOL!! :lol::lol::eek::eek:

kafka

Friend of Leo's
How the heck they did that with no one seeing/hearing a thing is still a mystery, including whatever tool they used.

I walked out of a store one day to 3 or 4 young guys ineptly trying to pry open the door of a car with a screwdriver. They got it open a bit, but they were really doing a number on it, and it made me angry. So I went to my trunk, got my pump wedge, and handed it to them saying "You're doing it wrong!"

When they left it occurred to me that I probably should have at least asked them if it was their car.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Haaa, I have been teasing my best friend who lives in San Jose about his new F-250 (one of the most popular vehicles to have the converter stolen, because it can done without requiring a jack) being parked outside his house. He added security lights and cameras. To top it off, he is a Ted Nugent fan.:rolleyes: Yup, a shredder.:oops: Anyway, thanks for the link. I have already sent it to him.:lol: I told him he could relax … for a few days.:lol::lol::lol:

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I walked out of a store one day to 3 or 4 young guys trying ineptly to pry open the door of a car with a screwdriver. They got it open a bit, but they were really doing a number on it, and it made me angry. So I went to my trunk, got my pump wedge, and handed it to them saying "You're doing it wrong!"

When they left it occurred to me that I probably should have at least asked them if it was their car.

Oye.... LOL!!! :confused::rolleyes:o_O

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Momma used to like to park her car in the middle of the garage. I had a company pickup for years, so I'd just park in the driveway, or on the street, it was too big to fit in the garage. When I retired and bought a car to drive, a Honda CRv, I was out in the garage throwing junk away and my wife came out and asked; What are you doing goofus? I told her I was throwing away fifty dollar's worth of junk so I could park my car in the garage. One of the best moves I ever made. Saves the paint, AND the removable parts. We also installed the type of garage door opener that can be disabled so the opener won't work. Use the disable feature every night.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
All the covers on water meters in my neighborhood are either missing or have been replaced with plastic ones. All are in the front yard between homes.

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
Unfortunately crime knows no boundaries. There is no rock bottom. Steal bronze memorial plates from cenotaphs? Yup they do that. Knock down a little old lady to steal her purse. Yes. Assault volunteer Christmas kettle workers and steal the Salvation Army donations? Yes. I’ve seen it all. Catalytic converters are just one of endless cash opportunities for desperate people. As general inflation, housing and food costs continue to soar in many areas more and more people become desperate. Substance abuse often follows. Then things get really bad.

Personally I am seeing a whole lot more people living on the streets than ever, in my lifetime. I am seeing crime continue to increase in my community. More brazen and bold acts. I’ve seen vigilante acts, fed up honest people charged.

Hard times in the land of plenty.