Catalinbread Fuzzrite output question

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TonyAsh, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TonyAsh

TonyAsh TDPRI Member

I'm looking at possibly picking up a Catalinbread Fuzzrite, the newer version where they partnered with Moseley. I was wondering if anyone here had firsthand experience with one and could tell me, can they achieve or exceed unity gain without maxing out the volume knob? I know that having relatively low output is a trait of the originals and certain clones like the Ashbass Fuzzbrite, which I loved but sold for that exact reason. Thanks.

2. Chandlerman

Chandlerman TDPRI Member

If this is the pedal you are talking about then I can confirm that the volume has to be maxed for unity gain.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

I have one. I confess that I have never noticed that, but likely wasn't thinking about it either. I only use it when I want that thinner sounding classic sixties sound. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

4. TonyAsh

TonyAsh TDPRI Member

I just wanted to reply for anyone else with the same question as myself: I bought the Catalinbread Moseley Fuzzrite and it can definitely get louder than unity gain. Maybe I just got lucky, but volume cranked on mine is noticeably louder than the dry signal.

jddub440 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.