Cat Trappin'

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Animals that damage your property are pests.

When possible I like the idea of dealing with pests in a humane way, as I'm sure most people do. Not everybody feels the same way.

For cat owners, If you allow your pets to become pests - The outcome might not be good and it's on you if something bad happens.

7171551 and Torren61 like this.
  2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Surprised this isn't locked yet, but my own stupid observation is that this site usually harks back to 1940s sensibilities of make do and mend/World War II - not whining about cat crap

amazed to see people riled up about a cat being a cat. A cat wandering around its locale is as natural as a bird flying around or a worm crawling thru earth

In my experience a cat will bury faeces where it lives. On the edges of the territory it claims, it can leave exposed as a signpost

Cats do what they want. This is the reason Keith Richards will refer to some guy as a cat

kookaburra likes this.
  3. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Here's a simple solution: the cat lovers and cat haters can both have half a cat each, to do with as they please.

iands.png

stratofortress and Torren61 like this.
  4. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Let's be real: Cats are just one notch above rodents.

Erdowonge, RoyBGood and Torren61 like this.
  5. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Why is this my problem? I don’t own any animals. Why can’t pet owners be responsible? Then they get mad at ME because I want a nice yard without cat crap? I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of my hours last summer making my yard a pleasant place to hang out. Looks like I just made a high end litter box.

To heck with cats AND their owners if they can’t control their pets.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    RoyBGood and hdvades like this.
  6. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

If you owned property, it wouldn’t be so funny.

RoyBGood likes this.
  7. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

This thread is another reason why off topic areas are a bad idea.

8. RoyBGood

We used to be plagued by the filthy sods; one of these in the front and back garden did the trick. Don't even see a cat within 20 feet of our property now.

https://www.primrose.co.uk/-p-402.h...MI7Pqq3O2H4wIVhRbTCh1P3gwkEAQYAyABEgKn2vD_BwE

teleman1, stratofortress and Torren61 like this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

My house is valued at over $360,000. I worked so hard last summer getting my yard to look nice. I removed an old fence and built a new fence. It cost me around $3500 for just the one side. I rented a stump grinder and removed sever old tree stumps. I removed the old junky looking landscape and leveled out the property with a Bobcat that I rented. I also rented a tiller and tillled the soil and planted it with grass seed. I spent hundreds of dollars on small blocks to edge around sections and trees and filled in some with rock and some with redwood chips. I removed vegetation I didn’t want and planted roses, blueberries, roses, poppies, lillies, jasmine and other plants and flowers. I installed water lines and repaired drains.

I don’t want or need cats or any other critters ruining my hard work. I don’t care about your animals just like you don’t care about my yard. We’re even there except my yard isn’t imposing itself on anyone. A mans house should be his castle and unwanted animals are trespassers when they damage his property and infringe on his rights.

What part of that can’t some of you understand? My rights supersede your stupid cat’s rights. It’s increasingly clear to me who runs the house when a cat lives there.

RoyBGood likes this.
  10. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

There are many other threads in which to post.

11. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

why do you assume that I do not?

DugT likes this.
  12. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

delete

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  13. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

You mad, bro?
    o_O

kookaburra likes this.
  14. RoyBGood

Well said, Sir!

In addition to the link I posted for the gizmos that permanently got rid of at least 6 regular crappers, I recall seeing a motion-activated trigger on-line that attaches to a hose nozzle. On the few occasions I've been lucky to catch a cat with a standard hose, I never saw them again - they HATE being drenched!

Torren61 likes this.
  15. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

OMG a bird **** on my windshield, in my own driveway if you can believe that. what pray tell shall I do?

16. RoyBGood

Catch him and wipe his face in it. Works for dogs.

Torren61 and Sanity Inn like this.
  17. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Call in an airstrike!! Fire for effect!!:):):):)

Piggy Stu and Sanity Inn like this.
  18. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I have shared this story here before but we had a cat "adopt" us. My wife put a little food and water out for her which did not set well with me. A day later I found the mole that was killing my yard half eaten just inside my shop doors. The cat had caught it and killed it, and left some of it for me as she came around the corner, meowed and rubbed against my leg.

A few years later our town was having a feral cat problem and put out some live catch traps. The local guy who collected the traps pulled into my drive way as I was on my way out. I said Hello and he said he had something that belonged to me. He reaches into the bed of the truck and pulls out a trap with our Calico cat in it. I laughed and asked how much bail was going to be? He asked about her shots and such which were up to date so he just opened the door and that cat jumped out of the trap and ran up onto the porch. I don't think she left the yard for the next year. Every time I saw her looking down to where she had been caught I reminded her that was where the bad cats hung out and she needed to stay away from them. More times that not she would Meow and then turn around and head back to the porch.

Torren61, DugT and stratofortress like this.
  19. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

and where are we?

DugT likes this.
  20. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Crying-Sad-Boy-Gif-Barsaat-Shayari-Wallpapers-Hindi-Poetry-Rain-Barish.gif

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.