Case repair question

TeleMark

Tele-Meister
My new (to me) American Special came with a tweed hard case which is more relic-ed than the guitar. The vinyl end protector thing is coming undone from the ends and I’d like to fix it, but am unsure which glue to use. I tried Loc-Tite super glue gel and it did not seem to stick. Epoxy? Wood glue? Hide?
40013B4F-9ED2-4908-B737-E7988F172EEE.jpeg

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
I'd try Contact adhesive.
apply to both materials, let it dry to the touch. then give it a whack with a mallet.
do a test on the vinyl first to make sure it doesn't dissolve.

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
3M Weatherstrip Adhesive, aka gorilla snot.
Best all-around adhesive ever.
And if you're building a motorcycle engine and want to be damn sure the cases are sealed...

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Good suggestions. If you have a glue gun around the house try that.
The glue needs to stay flexible on both porous & non-porous materials.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Shoo goo if you really want it to stay attached. But you will have to hold it closed overnight while the Goo sets up. Contact cement isn't all that great for some things.

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m in agreement with Shoe Goo. Some form of clamping will be needed until the glue sets/cures

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
IMPORTANT: Apply a strip of blue painter's tape along the tweed where the edge of the fake leather lays flat against it to prevent glue squeeze-out getting on the fabric.

A metal yardstick held in place by a few pipe clamps will hold the vinyl down and allow you to get in there with paper towels to wipe off all glue squeeze-out.