Cartoon Series Episode 1: Speed Racer!

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
SPEED RACER killed my parents tv!
My best friend was all over it and convinced my to skip my last class of the day to go home and watch it.

After the last Stanza of ...Go Speed Racer GOOOO! The screen went black and, a tiny wisp of smoke came out of the back of the set.
I guess the Powerful Mach 5 was simply too much for it.
YEP!!!

wow...speed was most defiantly most powerful! did you get a new TV

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Well, that sounds above my price range, but good to know. A Fiero is more along the lines of what I can afford.

yeah vettes can get pricey...mid 70s vettes tend to be affordable...good luck finding a serviceable fiero...and a good one may not be worth turning into a mach 5...they are getting desirable now

runstendt

Tele-Meister
yeah vettes can get pricey...mid 70s vettes tend to be affordable...good luck finding a serviceable fiero...and a good one may not be worth turning into a mach 5...they are getting desirable now

Really? I figured they would depreciate forever, like a Corvair. Seems like nothing built by GM with the engine in the back was holding any value for the longest time.

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Really? I figured they would depreciate forever, like a Corvair. Seems like nothing built by GM with the engine in the back was holding any value for the longest time.

nostaligia for the fiero is happening now...youtube has people picking them up

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
It always puzzled me as a kid how the characters had letters on their shirts that had nothing to do with their name.

speed racer cartoon is called mach gogogo

go mifune is speeds name...so thats why a G is on his shirt

trixies name is michie...so the M on her shirt

sparkys name is sabu so the S on his shirt even though sparky starts with an S

runstendt

Tele-Meister
I miss mine. I had a very tired 1984 model when I was 17. We decorated it like an A-wing for when Revenge of the Sith came out. I’ll post them if I can find any. I stopped driving it after it starting leaking coolant at a copious rate.

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I miss mine. I had a very tired 1984 model when I was 17. We decorated it like an A-wing for when Revenge of the Sith came out. I’ll post them if I can find any. I stopped driving it after it starting leaking coolant at a copious rate.

as the fate of lots of fieros

i worked with a girl who had a feiro gt...i tried to get her to let me drive it but she said no...it was an auto...not that fast...maybe since she had a car payment she didnt want anything to happen to it

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
Speed Racer, Ultraman, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, the Adam West Batman series, Captain Scarlet and UFO seemed to play in loop on Philadelphia's UHF stations in the early 1970s. Good times!