1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Carr Impala anyone?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by sir humphrey, Feb 26, 2014.

1. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

I'm in the market for a new amp and my eye - and ear - has been caught by the Carr Impala.

I play 90% clean but sometimes need to Marshall it up.

At the moment I use a DRRI and love it - but recently have been playing much bigger venues and found some problems with cutting through - not so much through the PA but on stage. I like to monitor "live" with my amp and stage volume is getting tight so I need something a bit punchier.

So my question is to any Impala owners - how's your cleans and is she worth the bucks?

2. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

I don't own one, but have had my eye on them since the day they came out. Amazing amp, and nothing but great reviews and tones from what I have seen and heard. I talked with Steve about these, and you know Carr makes top notch amps. I have always admired his operation, not too big, and not too small, but always growing and putting out great amps. I always "liked" the Rambler but would never spend that kind of money when too many other I like better. Never loved any of the other models either, though I can appreciate them for what they are. When the Impala came out, that all changed. I always wanted to get a nice blackface bassman head and cab, but this amp with the reverb and quality combo build...it's a homerun.

Would love to buy one if I had the funds...good luck. Keep us posted if you pull the trigger.

3. Sea Level

Sea Level Tele-Meister

I got an Impala in December. Have played a theatre show and several smaller rooms with the Impala thus far. Great amp. Worth the price. I have always used blackface amps and wanted to try something w/ a little fatter tone and the ability to adjust an earlier breakup. This amp does cleans very well, handles pedals well, and will just sizzle when volume is pushed high and MV is used to set overall level. Long taper reverb us outstanding. I play in a J. Cash tribute show and in a rockabilly band. With my delay pedal and the amp, I get the tones that I need. I could not be happier w/this amp. Everything said about it on other reviews are true. Versatile and interactive controls. A real work horse. I may be selling some of my other amps as this one seems to do it all in a manageable package for relatively easy transport at 45 pounds, and a very easy amp to dial in a good tone for each occasion. Mine is standard black W/ wheat grill. I'm looking forward to playing some more theaters and festival w the amp this spring and summer if spring will ever arrive this year in the Midwest.:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.