1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by swervinbob, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Holic

Keto is a good jumpstart for a lot of people that struggle. it worked for me. Lost 45 lbs in 3-4 months... slowly added fruits and light exercise. I'm happy.

I've heard mixed reviews on Carnivore. Best of luck.

swervinbob likes this.
  2. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have some GI issues that pulled me off meat, dairy, most foods and large amounts for 3 months now. Go figure. I’ve lost 22 lb with less exercise.

Dinner tonite was GF ramen pack. Basically 2 cups of water, noodles and I added fennel and mushrooms.

This was dinner last night.
    F75C75E2-C720-4A47-AC85-001A04388C04.jpeg

Other than the GI issues, I’ve never felt better subsisting on vegetables, fruits, and legumes.

When I did what used to be called Atkins, I was miserable. Hungry, stuffed and cranky all the time.

Almost as if my system was screaming - stop stuffing me with rich food and give me some effing nutrition!!! Yeah, and some fiber. No joke, @Obsessed - reading material indeed.

swervinbob and Obsessed like this.
  3. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Neither is red meat :lol:

Ignatius and swervinbob like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I could have me one of those every time I got hungry, and be just fine. I'd keep the potato though, looks perfect to me. Cooked right too.

swervinbob likes this.
  5. PhoenixBill

PhoenixBill Tele-Meister

Some folks swear that Paleo or Carnivore (or gluten free or whatever fad) works because “that’s what the cave men ate and they flourished”. Well actually cave men ate whatever they could scrounge. Bugs, dead critters, rotting vegetation, anything. Sometimes it even killed them. They didn’t really flourish, they merely had more kids than the death rate. All of the archeology and paleontology findings show that our primitive ancestors were terribly malnourished, with rickets, scurvy, and other vitamin deficiencies. Furthermore, cave men in desert Africa ate foods that weren’t available to cave men along rivers and coastlines and vice versa so there’s no standard Carnivore or Paleo diet.

Bottom line, I too am a believer in a balanced diet eaten in moderation with adequate exercise. (Obviously, certain people with very specific medical conditions should follow the dietary recommendations of a trained medical professional)

6. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

A large male silverback gorilla weighs between 300-400 lbs. An adult male Bengal tiger will way between 400 - 575 lbs. A tiger would make short work of a gorilla. But I get your point....400 lbs of muscle on a leafy green diet is impressive.

swervinbob likes this.
  7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Carnivores eat the intestines and the contents of the intestines of the herbivores they kill because they need the nutrition from the vegetable matter in the preys gut.

Greg70, cnlbb, catdaddy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

fad = fail..

Eat less of a more varied diet, exercise more..

My trick is replace food volume satisfaction with more flavour .. develop a taste for spices and chilli rather than sugars and fats. Stir fry can be mountain of veg and full of flavour with a splash of light soy, 5 spice and freshly chopped chilli.

i am roasting some sprouts in a moment.. drizzle of balsamic vinegar and crushed sea salt... super snack!

Tea and espresso for drinks. My wife LOVES her sodastream,,, just CO2 and water but its like the best soda hit and zero calories. Squeeze juice of a mandarin in for a fruit flavour

9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

The proper keto diet, doesn't preclude fruits, vegetables and breads/grains - its just limits them, and increases the other foods low in carbohydrates. There's no advantage to eating zero carbs when your carb threshold is somewhere around 30-60g of carbs daily. Same weight control, same keto cycle, only healthier and easier to maintain long term.

My favorite things are salty, meats, nuts and cheeses. I can and have lived on just these, but its probably not the best diet for long term. So we do the 30/30/30/60/60/60/120+g carb diet weekly. We also only eat in an 8 hour window, usually 11am-7pm. It works really well for both of us. Yesterday was the 120+ day, which means any number of carbs. We had a omelet breakfast with potatoes late, had a couple Krispy Kreme donuts for lunch with hot coffee, then had cheeseburgers, fries and a milkshake for supper. We'll probably have roast pork today and for another day or two, baked chicken sometime this week, I'll slice up a turkey breast for sandwiches, and then Saturday will be our carb-heavy day. We will probably hit a local Italian cafe, or, the wife may bake a pie.

kingofdogs1950 and swervinbob like this.
  10. Guitarteach

Elephants can pull trees from the ground.. they are essentially herbivores.

Be buying into some Chinese folk medicine and chewing on Rhino Horn and sipping Tiger bile next.

swervinbob likes this.
  11. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I work with a lady who, as of last year, had gone full carnivore for several months. She dropped a good bit of weight and said she felt great.

I can't believe it's good for you though. Maybe something I would do short term, but never as my forever diet.

swervinbob likes this.
  12. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

There have been times in the past when I’ve been doing low carb, hours at work would ramp up. Most of the time I would cook some burger patties and a steak to bring to work with me. I always have water iced down in a cooler. I remember when we’d slow down, I’d usually be slimmer and feel better. So, basically, I was doing the Carnivore diet then for weeks and not even really realizing it.

13. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

One of the things about the COVID I just got over is that I still don’t have taste. I told a friend that I wish it would stay that way. She said “Why would you want that?” I said “I don’t really crave anything.”

14. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I went full keto close to two years ago. Now I’m about 90% keto - I seem to eat one or two meals a week that are decidedly NOT keto and I’m still doing fine. Sometimes the carbs in one of those couple of non-keto meals will play hell with my gut the next day. But I’ve felt better for the past couple years than I had in many years. You can call it a fad if you want - it works for me. It’ll only fail if I fail to stick to it, but after a couple years, I doubt that’s gonna happen. I lost about 30 pounds pretty quickly, put about five of those back on, and leveled off there for most of the time I’ve been on it. My docs like my various numbers and general health since I started on keto. I don’t plan on changing it.

-Ray

kingofdogs1950 and swervinbob like this.
  15. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Does your keto involve consuming nothing but red meat and water?

16. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I live for ground chuck, electric guitars, ground chuck, amplifiers, ground chuck, effect pedals, ground chuck french fries and ground chuck. Oh. ... on bun with mustard and onions and ketchup for the fries.

loco gringo and swervinbob like this.
  17. boneyguy

Elephants are completely herbivorous.....and yeah, probably the strongest animals on the planet I would think...and the biggest land animal.

I wonder what creature would be considered the strongest pound for pound. If a small beetle were the size of an elephant...or an ant...??

18. boneyguy

It's my understanding from lots of reading many years ago that there is a stark difference between the alimentary canal of a carnivore as opposed to an herbivore. A carnivore's digestive track is much shorter and allows for a faster elimination so that meat doesn't stay in long and turn toxic whereas a herbivores digestive track is much longer because it takes more time to extract nutrients from fibrous material and to break down the fiber. And omnivores have something in between. I think our physiology is that of an omnivore.

northernguitar likes this.
  19. Guitarteach

ants or dung beetle

boneyguy likes this.
  20. Harbinger77

Harbinger77 Tele-Meister

This thread sure has an impressive amount of participation from a variety of doctors, dietitians, zoologists and even archaeologists!

Noticeable lack of actual experience with the carnivore diet outside of hearing about it on Joe Rohan, it seems.

The following are merely my own anecdotal observations from messing with my own diet:

Never gone full carnivore myself but I’m currently doing intermittent fasting/keto with butter coffee, one meal a day that is generally red meat. Occasional chicken or seafood. I might consume broccoli, asparagus or cauliflower once every 3-4 days to keep things moving, not even because I need to, but rather, it’s enjoyable to **** every day if you ask me.

I never feel “hungry” and often go Entire days without eating at all. Often, doing so makes me feel more energetic and alert. Once you aren’t hooked on carbs and grains you don’t crave crappy food anymore

I think I’m getting most of the benefits without going to that most extreme meat/water-only point. I’m sure I could do it, I just don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze.

swervinbob likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.