Carl Martin Compressor Limiter

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ADinNYC, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've had this pedal for over 15 years and have never really tried anything else. Are current pedals like a Keeley or Wampler better?

Thanks

2. Road King

Road King Tele-Holic

Definitely not better. But definitely different. I had a CM for a while a few years ago and have always regretted selling it. The CM is more ambient and the Keeley and Wampler are generally more direct and squishy. More or less the CM will never be as overt and the others will never be as subtle. I've owned two of the three in question and thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

3. ADinNYC

Thanks!

I think I'll hold onto it but may purchase one of the others just to broaden my horizons. :)

4. ADinNYC

Thanks!

I think I'll hold onto it but may purchase one of the others just to broaden my horizons. :)

5. Impulse

Impulse Tele-Meister

IMHO not. A Ross is a Ross is a Ross no matter how fancy it is or how many knobs you add to it. You won't find separate threshold and ratio controls on any of those other ones for example. And the CM is also much quieter.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.