Car dealer Svc department got a speeding ticket in my car...

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Not to be too particular about details, be we in the business don't call them a "set" of telephone poles and don't call them "telephone poles". They are "utility" poles unless they, in fact, only support telephone communication infrastructure. Each pole is an individual and resents being bundled into pairs or sets or quads, for that matter. They don't like woodpeckers either...
Nor do they enjoy being 'clipped' by a stolen school bus, no matter how large the grouping.
Dont ask...

scooteraz

Friend of Leo's
Not to be too particular about details, be we in the business don't call them a "set" of telephone poles and don't call them "telephone poles". They are "utility" poles unless they, in fact, only support telephone communication infrastructure. Each pole is an individual and resents being bundled into pairs or sets or quads, for that matter. They don't like woodpeckers either...

Indeed. I have been around utilities. In this particular case, it was a quad of utility poles that carried two of the major communications cables through town at sort of a 4-way cross. I used the term “telephone pole” advisedly...LOL. There was no power on these particular poles. Indeed, as we were on the scene, we wondered if the cables had the strength to not break with those poles sheared off. Also, we were not too worried about hazardous potentials, since there was no power on these poles. (A detail I never thought I would have to mention in retelling the story).

One other detail, when the car struck the four poles, almost head on, it looked like the car had blown up. The crushing of the car’s “doghouse” caused the air in the engine compartment to blow out the bottom so fast that all the loose dust and dirt was kicked up to the point the car almost disappeared. As the dust settled, there were at least 7 units on site, besides me; there were 3 city units, 2 county units and 2 state units rolling up on the scene. Those kids were doubly lucky, they didn’t get killed in the crash and they weren’t shot trying to hide in the now wrecked car. There were a lot of drawn weapons....

Nonetheless, sorry for upsetting your sensibilities for using a math term and a loose (and commonly used term) to describe four poles placed in a tight square arrangement only supporting telecommunications cables....I’ll bet you’re fun at parties....

OlRedNeckHippy

Friend of Leo's
Oh good grief!
179.gif

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Service never got a ticket in one of my cars, but I did have a dealer lose my van for a full 36 hours or so once.

Key got stuck in the ignition, wouldn’t come out. Wouldn’t start the van. Some kind of fancy wireless ignition module that totally failed. Had the van towed to the dealer in the middle of the night. I was at a gig when it happened. Got a ride to the dealer the next morning and talked to the service dept. blah blah blah.

Couple days later they call me, van is ready. I go to pick it up. It’s not there. Dealer can’t find it. Anywhere. I personally walked the entire property with the service manager, trying to find it.

I want to report it stolen. They are begging me not to. They keep saying “it’s here somewhere”. I keep saying “uh... not it’s not.” I finally gave them 24 hours to either find it, replace it with a new one, or talk to the cops. It magically appeared the next day. Didn’t seem have any extra miles on it. Management swore it was there the whole time, parked right out front, and somehow ALL of us failed to see it. Bullpucky. But hey. I got it back.

Torren61

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Indeed. I have been around utilities. In this particular case, it was a quad of utility poles that carried two of the major communications cables through town at sort of a 4-way cross. I used the term “telephone pole” advisedly...LOL. There was no power on these particular poles. Indeed, as we were on the scene, we wondered if the cables had the strength to not break with those poles sheared off. Also, we were not too worried about hazardous potentials, since there was no power on these poles. (A detail I never thought I would have to mention in retelling the story).

One other detail, when the car struck the four poles, almost head on, it looked like the car had blown up. The crushing of the car’s “doghouse” caused the air in the engine compartment to blow out the bottom so fast that all the loose dust and dirt was kicked up to the point the car almost disappeared. As the dust settled, there were at least 7 units on site, besides me; there were 3 city units, 2 county units and 2 state units rolling up on the scene. Those kids were doubly lucky, they didn’t get killed in the crash and they weren’t shot trying to hide in the now wrecked car. There were a lot of drawn weapons....

Nonetheless, sorry for upsetting your sensibilities for using a math term and a loose (and commonly used term) to describe four poles placed in a tight square arrangement only supporting telecommunications cables....I’ll bet you’re fun at parties....
I AM fun at parties... well, the ones where the people are intelligent enough to get the jokes.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Worse happens - In 1985 my brother was assistant service manager with a Vauxhall agency in the north of England. One Saturday morning the Service Manager asked him to take a customer's car for an extended test drive to make sure that they had sorted the issues it had come in for. Leeds is close to the M1 and M62 so I would have thought that an extended test drive might be to take it a couple of junctions up the motorway at speed followed by a more leisurely run back along the country lanes, but no. He took the car home, tried to ring me, got no reply, so loaded his wife and kids into the car and drove it over 200 miles to my house in Oxfordshire. We were away for the weekend (most summer weekends we were cycle racing somewhere in the UK) so when he arrived and found the house empty, assuming we were out for the day, they decided to wait for us to return. They went to get fish in chips in the nearest town, and parked on the drive to await our return. At 10:00 p.m. they decided to sleep in the car and return home in the morning. 1:00 a.m. the kids are complaining about the cold, so they decided to drive the 60 odd miles to London where his wife's grandparents lived. An hour later, lost, they pull over on the hard shoulder of the M3 motorway, not the M4 or M40 which are convenient, but the M3 which is miles out of their way. Minutes later a car (probably travelling at around 70 mph) runs into the back of them, shunting them a long way along the hard shoulder. Thankfully no-one was seriously hurt, but they have to be recovered over 200 miles back to the agency in Yorkshire. The agency pick up the bill for the recovery, on Monday they call the customer to say that the car had a little bump in the car pound and they will need to keep it a few days to put right the cosmetic issues. A couple of years later when he moved to another job, he told me that the customer still had the car and brought it in every six months for servicing, with no knowledge of the damage which had been done.

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
Pretty dull conversation and outcome as expected really. I scanned and emailed the ticket to them, they're paying it. It's NYC so they're not overly concerned with the finer points of customer service, not even an apology other than reassuring me that it won't happen again when i drop my car off again next week to have the warranty part installed.

Are you fine with this?

The ticket still ends up on your driving record, and they still get paid by the manufacturer for the warranty repair.

Certainly wouldn't sit right with me.

You need to get that ticket off your record, which involves more than just having them pay it. And you should just leave them hanging on the warranty service and go to a different dealer.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
Are you fine with this?

The ticket still ends up on your driving record, and they still get paid by the manufacturer for the warranty repair.

Certainly wouldn't sit right with me.

You need to get that ticket off your record, which involves more than just having them pay it. And you should just leave them hanging on the warranty service and go to a different dealer.

it's a camera ticket. In NYC it doesn't impact points or insurance.