Capo question

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by dombar335, Jan 13, 2020.

1. mRtINY

mRtINY Tele-Afflicted

A five string dojo seems a little under-equipped ...

2. tah1962

tah1962 Tele-Afflicted

I’ve had great success with this capo, Planet Waves Dual Action. Based on my experience, it doesn’t pull any of the strings out of tune.

7D15F4E0-9FDD-4B69-80F2-2744C4EFF75A.jpeg

Guit@r Nut likes this.
  3. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Holic

Shubb works great. Some of the praise band guys I used to play with would slap a K.....on and can't even tell they are out of tune anyway. No problem for them and was frustrating for picky old me. I'm sure there are some other good capos out there, but I've always used Shubb. They are pretty inexpensive and last forever.

4. lstdukestking

lstdukestking Tele-Meister

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. Octorfunk

Octorfunk Tele-Meister

+1 on the adjustable tension capos, it really does make a huge difference over the standard Kaiser's.

But the best thing that I've found is to apply the capo, then grab each string halfway between the capo/bridge and give it a good strong tug. That seems to pull any of the string out from the rubber of the capo, which usually ends up pulling the string 95% of the way back into tune. I would not recommend ever actually tuning the strings once the capo is on.

6. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Holic

I like my Shubbs because they have the thinnest profile of all the capos, so there's less interference with my chording hand/fingers.

I have discovered that it works best when placed about 2/3 of the way to the next fret.

7. warhammer

warhammer TDPRI Member

Shubb is my go to as well. I'm pretty picky about how the guitar sounds when capo'd because my playing ability gives me enough worries. The Shubbs seem to work better and keep tuning problems to a minimum.

Does anyone have any experience with capos for 12-string acoustic guitars? There are some songs I would like to play using my 12 string and a capo, but the only capo I have for it sounds kind of terrible. It was a clamp-style that was a gift from another member of the p&w team. I was going to order a Shubb this week from Amazon but waited too late to get it here by Sunday, so I thought I'd see if there were any opinions out there.

8. Lineville65

Lineville65 TDPRI Member

9. Lineville65

Lineville65 TDPRI Member

I have a Taylor 254 DLX 12 string. I tried a Shubb which is usually my go to with everything else and had poor results. I think the reason is the Shubb has some curve to it, whereas the Taylor fretboard is pretty flat. I use a Thalia with a Teflon insert and have had much better luck, but not cheap.

warhammer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.