Can't seem to find a bluesy amp that I like

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by TubeBlues, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Freethenoise

Freethenoise Tele-Holic

Going way on back to this.

Honestly, happiest blues tone I feel I've had was with a cranked PRRI and some lower output humbuckers.

2. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted

All I can say is : Try the new Supro 'Black magic ' . Expensive ( about 1500 Eur ) , but worth every single Cent

3. sammy axe

sammy axe Tele-Meister

There is this guy called "therdrail" on Reverb.com that makes a killer 15 watt DR clone without verb and trem. He sells the heads for about $500. I've played the amp and it sounds killer.

4. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

We're veering way off course here; the OP wanted an amp that he can play quietly, jamming with his hi-fi. If he wants valves (tubes), then 1 watt will suffice. Blackstar do the nice two channel HT-1R which also has reverb. For solid state/modelling I recommend the Roland Micro Cube.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

LOL!

6. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

A Deluxe and a Zen Drive might get you to where you wanna go
    I just added a Stryman Deco to my signal chain and it sure sound purdy.

7. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

I just got it, just gigged it, still in the honeymoon period with it, but for the OP, the Savage Macht 12x just may be the ticket. It has a "studio/stage" switch, which is like an attenuator that knocks the volume down from a giggable 12 watts to like 3 watts.

But then again maybe not, as it's not an exceptionally clean amp and it isn't mid scooped. Still worth a look. A clean efficient speaker with scooped mids could make it better for the OP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

Da blues man.
    Slap something dirty like blues driver in front of any fender type amp.
    If you have the bucks, a lot are mentioned here, including the infamous 57delux or hotrod delux ver3
    wish you luck

9. xinu

xinu TDPRI Member

I'm sorta in the same situation as the OP. I play mostly blues at home to backing tracks pumped through my HiFi rig. I've been having fun playing with a few amps for this (AC15, YGM3, SF Champ, Ampeg GVT5, THR10C, Stephenson Custom 20) and now have a Quilter MicroPro M2 8". All of these amps can be dialled-in to get the various blues tones I'm shooting for, but become increasing difficult to maintain the tone as the volume level is reduced. So far the Quilter seems to hold the target tone the best over the volume range (loud to not so loud) that I can get away with while attempting to maintain marital bliss.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.