Can't decide on Tele pickups and need help

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by JP Lace Master, Jun 6, 2016.

1. JP Lace Master

JP Lace Master Tele-Meister

Hey guys, I've got myself a Lefty Tele body and want to make a partscaster, but I can't decide on what pickups to use.

I have a few options:
    Bridge - Fender Lace Blue or Red Telecaster bridge.
    Neck - Wilkinson Mini Humbucker, Lace T-100 or a Lace Sensor that will compliment the chosen bridge.

I wish to choose the bridge before the neck, so as to get a better match up. the body has a good sized route so a Mini Humbucker is a good option, but please don't suggest a Humbucker or a P90, they wouldn't work with the bridge options.

Also should I wood mount the bridge pickup in the same style as GE Smith, its an idea I'd always wanted to try.

2. srvbluezz

srvbluezz Tele-Holic

For the bridge it would be more of what your going for...blue for more of a fat single coil p90ish sound... red for more of a hot humbucking sound...as for the neck I always felt that the t-100 was very underrated pu...great clean warmth imo

3. ZZB3

ZZB3 Tele-Holic

I have run both the blue and the red and prefer the red in the bridge even for clean as when the pup is set right it can twang. The T-100 neck is good or a blue or silver strat neck pup works well too. Have fun, Wayne

4. JP Lace Master

Thanks Wayne, I think I'll go with the Red bridge and Blue Sensor neck combo, keep it simple, the Blue Sensor I have has no screws holes, any advice on how mount it.

5. ZZB3

ZZB3 Tele-Holic

Is it a direct mount pickup like that of the James Burton tele version? In which case use foam underneath like a P-Bass pickup with two screws and maybe a washer that go between the little ears that protrude. Another option is to glue 6/32 nuts to those "ears". I like those pups wired with a master volume and a master TBX tone control. The TBX just a little past the middle detent opens up the blue pup in the neck and gives some twang to the Red in the bridge. Have fun, Wayne

6. JP Lace Master

P7061103.JPG
    here is the pickup in question, the centre right Fender Lace Blue Sensor. I think the foam option would work best for it. If I am unsuccessful, I will switch to the T-100 on the top right and have it with the Fender Lace Red Tele bridge.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.