Can't cough, laugh or take a deep breath - Guess what?

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Update. Saw doctor yesterday. Bruising, no cracks or serious injury. Told me to soak the road rash and not let it scab over. Says it helps it to heal better. New one for me.

This morning took the dog for your normal walk in the park. Felt pretty good and only a little sore. Probably wait a few weeks before getting bike inspected and registered. All in all turned out well.

Glad to hear it! He's right about that road rash, keep it dressed. I got a bad road rash several years ago riding my bicycle, when a little kid jumped out in front of me. I did everything I could to avoid him and not hurt him, but the result was I landed on my right side on pavement, and got a pretty bad road rash on my right forearm. I kept it bandaged, with ointment, and I can't even tell where it happened now. Your doc may have given you bandages like these, they are the best to use and they have them in all different sizes. I wore them as I was out doing trades work, and they stayed on all day.

20220406_132735.jpg

Old Verle Miller

Tele-Meister
Broken ribs are no fun. I broke one when I had covid, from coughing so hard. I had to sleep sitting upright in a chair for a week. Not that I slept.

Coughing with a broken rib. That was fun.
Being young and stupid, I was into martial arts and failed to appropriately block a kick during a session. Two cracked ribs. Three days later the young wife and I head to Las Vegas and because of a family connection, we got dress circle seats to see Bill Cosby. It hadn't dawned on me what that would be like until I started holding my chest and trying desperately not to laugh too hard. Being only three seats from the stage and smack in the center, (you sat and had dinner back then), Cosby actually saw me and asked me if I was okay. I grimaced and nodded and he said something about you know the show is going pretty good when people are dying with laughter.:lol:

Barbeque John

Tele-Meister
After 60 years of riding motorcycles, and looking to turn 80 in August, I have decided my Vstrom 1000 is too tall, too heavy, for me to operate safely. I've never been hurt on a motorcycle, and I'd like to stay that way. I have been very much enjoying an ebike, and I think I will stick with that. 800 miles on that, mostly riding with my wife on hers, has been an absolute hoot.

mark64

TDPRI Member
I rode for 30 years and got intimate with the pavement a few times. My younger self was tough and strong with a football players mentality and disregard for my body, (I was a defensive tackle in high school). I quit riding because I realize that even a minor spill is major at my age and recovery takes forever if it happens at all. Glad you are ok. Go to the ER and get checked out. Waiting for your doctor isnt such a good idea in this case, things could get much worse tomorrow, trust me I know! Good luck and remember to keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Glad you’re OK. The Other Guy is the most dangerous thing about riding.

I ride daily (and work in a MC dealership), so a couple of things to say:

Refresher riding course. Not saying it was your fault, but a rider has to be ready for others’ mistakes. And if it had been worse, it would have been considered your fault because you weren’t even registered.

I didn’t see what bike it was, but the majority of riders I see are on bigger bikes than they need. After a layoff, it’s a bad idea to just pick up where you left off.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Being young and stupid, I was into martial arts and failed to appropriately block a kick during a session. Two cracked ribs. Three days later the young wife and I head to Las Vegas and because of a family connection, we got dress circle seats to see Bill Cosby. It hadn't dawned on me what that would be like until I started holding my chest and trying desperately not to laugh too hard. Being only three seats from the stage and smack in the center, (you sat and had dinner back then), Cosby actually saw me and asked me if I was okay. I grimaced and nodded and he said something about you know the show is going pretty good when people are dying with laughter.:lol:
You're lucky he didn't give you one of his little pills.