Can't choose, opinions requested

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Get another rosewood neck for the CAR body. There are two things in this world that everyone needs, one is a monkey, two is a double bound candy apple red Telecaster. Since I get significant pushback from my partner on the monkey, I keep a CAR double bound Tele in the spare bedroom and call it a happy compromise. Or, maybe, a reluctant compromise. But I do really love having a double bound CAR Tele. I'm pretty sure I'd love having a monkey too. But thats a story for another day.

thegaijin

Tele-Meister
2nd pic is more balanced. The first pic tickled my OCD. The blue looks good with either but the red and rosewood combo doesn’t work for me.

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
Wow hard choice, they both look great with both combinations but I've been on a rosewood kick with my latest partscaster build so I prefer the rosewood neck especially with the bound bodies. Oh, and I'm a fan of Candy Apple Red.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Fun 'problems' to have. 😀

I would lose the six saddle bridge and probably put the roasted neck into another project- but that's just me.

MichelB

TDPRI Member
Both guitars are put together.

Besides the pick guard being too white on the red body I'd say that the looks are OK.

20220601_075626.jpg

There are some very interesting remarks on both guitars though. I firmly disliked the acoustic sound of the blue body with roasted maple neck. The blue body with RW neck made a marked improvement in sound, but still had a metallic sound.

I suspected the neck to be the culprit. However the roasted neck mated to the red body sounds better acoustically now.

Either the blue body, or the bridge are responsible for the nasty acoustic sound.

While both now perfectly OK, I wonder what will happen if the best parts match together, so I'm sure I'll put the RW neck on the CAR body sometime soon.

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Good choice. Without doubt, Lake Placid Blues must be in combination with the rosewood neck!

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
I agree, the Lake Placid Blue is just terrible with the maple neck. Awful. I'll send you an address where you can mail it for disposal.