Can't choose, opinions requested

MichelB

TDPRI Member
Dear all,

Last year I've built my lake placid blue partscaster with Fender mod 50's roasted maple neck, alder body and Q pickup nocaster pickups.

It's never been a happy marriage. The guitar is very trebly acoustically, extremely direct amplified and the pickups lack chime. Also I just dislike the look of roasted maple with lake placid blue.

I've bought tonerider alnico II as replacement for the Qpickups and bought a rosewood american prof II neck thinking to switch the pickup and the neck (planning to sell the parts). I had to wait 9 weeks for the neck and one of the tonerider pickups arrived DOA. I had a lot of times to think and ponder.

So I went on Ebay, realising that I had enough parts to build another guitar and potentially sell a complete guitar (or just add one to the guitarsenal. On Ebay I bought a candy apple red double bound body to put the roasted maple neck and all my left over parts.

Today the rosewood neck arrived and I put the necks to the bodies.

20220520_171556.jpg
20220520_171529.jpg and I'm torn.

I really like the candy apple red with rosewood neck. And I like the roasted maple neck on the red body. I also like the rw/blue combi, but not as much as the red body, but like the maple/blue combi the least.

I can use your advice though.....

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Both look fine to me, but I’d go with lpb/rosewood.
The red looks great either way. LPB looks more dramatic with RW.

MichelB

TDPRI Member
The blue one has now been mated to the american professional II rosewood neck. Very nice feel and profile. Kiler neck!

Worlds apart from the MIM roasted maple neck.

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
Rosewood on the CAR Tele
Maple on the LPB Tele - but get a tort pickguard - a cool and out-of-the-ordinary look for a Tele. The new pickups will sort out your tone. This isn't my guitar, but I'd give it a nice home if it wandered by.
364803-R99154 (3).jpg

ahiddentableau

Tele-Holic
I think they both look better with the rosewood board tbh, but it's a bigger difference with the rosewood on blue, so I'd put the maple on the red.

I absolutely love roasted maple necks but I don't like the the way the darker board looks on a lot (most?) of Fender's colours.