1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Canadian Tele Body Sources

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by JRtele, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

Hey all,
    I’ve gone back through previous threads and many recommended sites are no longer active.
    I’ve accepted that I lack patience and ability to stain/finish bodies but still enjoy assembling telecasters to my specs.
    Other than Solo (pretty plain bodies), Spaltking (low stock/options at this time), are there any other places you guys can recommend?
    Leads on necks are also appreciated, I previously bought a “northern redfish” that actually wasn’t terrible for the price.

2. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

I saw them, unfortunately only offer unfinished. Not a deal breaker but also not ideal.

3. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Friend of Leo's

Precision Kits is out of Vancouver and sells both bodies and necks

https://precisionguitarkits.com/

But won't Warmoth and other US suppliers ship to Canada as long as you are careful with the CITES stuff?

fleezinator likes this.
  4. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Long and McQuades will order fender bodies for you. An allparts dealer should be able to get you their finished bodies. It might be worth checking with someone like https://shyboytexrepairs.com/ to see what they have as well.

5. nnieman

nnieman Tele-Meister

AC394E2B-B168-4B54-A776-B69B6EF687F6.jpeg 2BF271CF-3747-4579-80C4-8E1D57865B81.jpeg D2A28020-66A2-4D5E-A2D3-24C9337BC117.jpeg

Nathan

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    pshupe and tubegeek like this.
  6. ahiddentableau

ahiddentableau Tele-Meister

I am also in your situation although as I'm looking for unfinished stuff I guess I have more options. Looking at bodies. Tonebomb used to offer a number of unfinished options on ebay but recently it's just pine and poplar tele bodies and some cheap hardware. Kind of looks like they're getting out of the one-off/consumer business. I contacted them last week through their website and still haven't gotten a reply.

This was my thinking as well at first, but I think I understand why OP might want to stay in country. All the usual suspects ship to Canada and CITES isn't really a factor since the recent changes went through. But shipping stuff here is deadly and our dollar is particularly weak atm. A body from Warmoth would cost $80-100CDN to ship to me, although maybe it would be better for the OP depending on where he lives. So by the time you're done an MJT or Warmoth body is going to be pricey.

The only place that hasn't been mentioned that I know if is Caparelli Guitars. They sell finished strat bodies but they currently have no stock for finished tele bodies. Might be worth contacting them, though.

https://carparelliguitars.com/

JRtele likes this.
  7. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

Precision is interesting but if I can get finish done (and binding) that would save me a struggle.

Problem with Warmoth and other vendors is that our dollar is struggling right now so we get hammered by exchange rate. Then customs hits us again at border. Plus limits on what we can get.

I’ll have a look at L&M, interesting idea. and I just messaged Shybox, very cool site, thanks for the info

8. 2groggy

2groggy Tele-Meister

9. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

10. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

Hey thank you,
    I saw those but I’m unfortunately looking for two somewhat unique bodies, starting with a high gloss black, double bound rear routed. I have visions of a black beauty tribute tele

11. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

I’ve built 2 guitars previously with Solo’s parts. Possibly the best selection in Canada for hardware. What I really need is a friend directly on the other side of the border.

12. PARCO

PARCO Tele-Meister

13. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

Thank you for showing me carparelli. Great store. I’m excited for their wiring harnesses. Is that strange?

14. pshupe

pshupe Tele-Meister

I will recommend Nieman Guitars just outside of Peterborough in Ontario. Where are you located? I know a few people in Hamilton, and others in the Southern Ontario region.

Regards Peter.

nnieman likes this.
  15. JRtele

JRtele Tele-Meister

Hey Peter,
    Thanks I’ve been talking with Nathan. Very reasonable prices but unfortunately he can’t do painting at this time.
    I’m just West of Ottawa. Any names or recommendations would be great.
    JR

16. pshupe

pshupe Tele-Meister

Hey JR - I don't really know anyone in your area but their are some custom guys around my parts that maybe interested. Cithara Guitars, Jillard Guitars, Mike Spicer from The PegHead all in Hamilton. Freddy Gabrsek in Niagara on the Lake. These are all custom builders so wouldn't be able to compete price wise with Warmoth but you would get a fantastic body.

Cheers Peter.

JRtele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.