Canadian amp, Minnesota guitar.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by BobbyZ, Jun 9, 2021 at 6:59 AM.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Saw this Traynor on FB market place and couldn't help myself. A one owner from 1976 guy said he used it in a band then quit playing, plays and workers well but one of the EL34s started to redplate after a few minutes. Dropped it off with Al at the Music Shop in Park Rapids. Normally I'd do it myself but I'm just getting lazy and figured an old hand wired amp would do Al some good, poor guy deals with modern crap all the time. Electrolytic caps look like new, ain't going to wait till they blow and he'll put in a bias pot. Hopefully the British EL34s still have some life left in um. 20210606_184013.jpg 20210606_113218_HDR.jpg
    Guitar is a Spruce Hill from over in Perham MN been hanging in Al's shop like 10 years. I've always been drawn to it and Friday while Al was tweaking a guitar for me I had it plugged into a blackface Bassman and asked what it's take to buy it. Spruce Hill made aluminum bodies for Fender at one point then started making guitars that never quit caught on. Sunday it dawned on me that it's the perfect accessory for an Avion camper.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ultra cool!

BobbyZ likes this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

Sweet! HNCaravanRigD!

BobbyZ likes this.
  4. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Cool, funky rig! I like!

BobbyZ likes this.
  5. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I'm somehow guessing you don't have to shield the cavities on the guitar with copper tape or conductive paint. :)

Seriously, that's so cool. Sorta like if a Fender married a National steel...

BobbyZ likes this.
  6. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Nice diplomacy. It’s an unfortified border anyway.
    Cool amp and guitar.

BobbyZ likes this.
  7. Mr. St. Paul

Mr. St. Paul Tele-Meister

Huh. I'm born and raised Minnesotan and I'd never heard of Spruce Hill guitars. Looks really cool. And kudos on the Traynor. They don't often come up in the conversation of good, solid amps...but if you know, you know.

BobbyZ likes this.
  8. Telecastoff1

Telecastoff1 Tele-Afflicted

Nice guitar and amp!

BobbyZ likes this.
  9. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

There was a Guitar Mate on FB marketplace in or by Duluth a couple days ago, was going to post a link but it's gone now. That's a smaller combo with two EL84s and I believe four 12ax7s for preamp, reverb and trem.
    Was listed at $250, my old self would've been driving across the state to get it, trying not to hoard so much these days. Maybe someone here scored that one?
    When Al gets mine done I'll spend some time with it to see if it fits me, if not it'll go.
    The guitar is great! Unplugged it's louder than a typical solid body Tele so I suspect it's somewhat hollow?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.