Canada eh!!!!

Jethro

Tele-Afflicted
Sigil Pickups are another great Canadian winder. His specialty is gibson style pickups but he makes a killer Tele blackguard set.

That's good to know. I figure we could use this thread to help share any info on gear that's made up this way....especially since the dollar has been tanking

There's a lot of excellent Canadian Luthiers, Amp Builders, Pedals, pickups etc that we can try to support

Cheers

Last edited:

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
One of those "most Canadian stories": two New Brunswick men walk through a blizzard for Tim Hortons coffee: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/blizzard-tim-hortons-coffee-1.3981601

tim-hortons.jpg

jbealsmusic

TDPRI Member
Vendor Member

INFANT

Tele-Holic
Hi,

Thanks for replying. It states your product ships from Ontario, Do you offer customer pickup? where is your store based out of? or is it online only?
I came across these guys a couple of weeks ago when I ordered an output transformer for my Champ. Good prices and very quick turnaround...I ordered late Wednesday night and by noon on Thursday I received an email from Canada Post that they had picked it up. At 10am on Friday it was already on the truck for delivery. Just for logistics sake, I live about 5 hours away, in the Hamilton area.
Very happy with them.

kingston_mike

NEW MEMBER!
Silver Supporter
Don't know if they were mentioned yet but Pickup Wizard is another great winder.
http://www.pickupwizard.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page
I've been reading (but not really posting on) TDPRI for years, and just peeked into this corner for the first time.
In any event, here's another vote for the Pickup Wizard. He rewound a dead pickup for my '63 Fender 400 pedal steel, and it sounds fantastic.
Topic #2: There's a jam here in Kingston, ON at the lovely (ok, maybe not) Royal Tavern on Thursday night. I play bass in the house band.
The format's pretty loose; we start at 9:00 with three or so house band songs, then it opens up. There's some jamming, but if people want to play solo (or duos, or bring along their full band) there's plenty of scope for that.

Jethro

Tele-Afflicted
Came across this one recently....surprisingly I hadn't heard it before this past weekend.
Some great Canadiana footage

mysteriousfish

TDPRI Member
Hey all I hail from glorious Newmarket, shout out to Hamilton as I spent some years there.

Also I think it would be funny if everyone from this thread formed a mob somewhere, all armed with our tele's in hand.....you know, to freak out the squares.

Jethro

Tele-Afflicted
Hey all I hail from glorious Newmarket, shout out to Hamilton as I spent some years there.

Also I think it would be funny if everyone from this thread formed a mob somewhere, all armed with our tele's in hand.....you know, to freak out the squares.

Well, I'm in Newmarket a lot since I live close by in Uxbridge....I'm game. LOL

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
That whole EH, thing makes us sound like a valley girl swollowed her wooden spoon she gagged on and grew a pair!

Hunting for a canadian girl friend? this is a sure fired and tested trap! Canadian Women cant resist
canadiantrap_8984.jpg

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Other than Jim C.'s jam night at the Westsyde Pub, we have weekly coffee houses where you can get up for an open mic just to play
Jim is a fine guitarist, and very talented but I dont feel his passion to play .

a typical jam night in Kamloops!

blog.jpg