BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Any members in Fort Mac? Stay safe!

fire.jpg-large

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
just watching an update on TV.... incredible fire footage...

shocking in it's intensity..... what a disaster... :(

yeh, thoughts and prayers sent to our Canadian friends in that area...

Count

Friend of Leo's
and we thought we had bad bushfires in Aus. I've fought some nasty ones here but noting like that, thinking of you and prying for you if you are in that area.
Just curious BigDaddyLH, have you come across those Kelownians Hugh Rowlands and Rick Yemm, Ice Road Truckers is a big hit over here, that climate is so diferent to anything we experience that it is fascinating.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Just curious BigDaddyLH, have you come across those Kelownians Hugh Rowlands and Rick Yemm, Ice Road Truckers is a big hit over here, that climate is so diferent to anything we experience that it is fascinating.

Sorry, I haven't met them. I guess I'm in a very different circle of people! And I do drive on the so-called "highway to hell", but only in the summer when it's rather pretty,

k tone

Tele-Afflicted

Red Deer here. Lately I usually listen to a couple of songs a day by Jesse Stewart. Dude gives it his all.

Loco85

Tele-Meister
Happy New Year to all my fellow Canadians .

Wondering were you all get your local guitar parts. With the exchange rate I find myself ordering China products more often than not. Sometime quality is good sometime not.

Anyone have any reliable sources?

Loco

jbealsmusic

TDPRI Member
Vendor Member
Happy New Year to all my fellow Canadians .

Wondering were you all get your local guitar parts. With the exchange rate I find myself ordering China products more often than not. Sometime quality is good sometime not.

Anyone have any reliable sources?

Loco
Happy New Year! Cosmo has a lot of parts listed on their site. L&M also. Most local techs and repair shops will have some parts on hand that they'll sell. It really depends what you're looking for...

Of course, there's also us:
http://nextgenguitars.ca/

But it wouldn't kosher for me to just jump in and say us only. Hopefully others will chime in with some more suggestions.

You could also use our Canadian Gear Business Directory to help find a tech near you:
http://nextgenguitars.ca/pages/canadian-gear-business-directory.html

Last edited:

Loco85

Tele-Meister
Happy New Year! Cosmo has a lot of parts listed on their site. L&M also. Most local techs and repair shops will have some parts on hand that they'll sell. It really depends what you're looking for...

Of course, there's also us:
http://nextgenguitars.ca/

But it wouldn't kosher for me to just jump in and say us only. Hopefully others will chime in with some more suggestions.

You could also use our Canadian Gear Business Directory to help find a tech near you:
http://nextgenguitars.ca/pages/canadian-gear-business-directory.html

Hi,

Thanks for replying. It states your product ships from Ontario, Do you offer customer pickup? where is your store based out of? or is it online only?

jbealsmusic

TDPRI Member
Vendor Member
Hi,

Thanks for replying. It states your product ships from Ontario, Do you offer customer pickup? where is your store based out of? or is it online only?
Our warehouse is in Ottawa. However, we are a distributor and our warehouse is not open to the public. We do have a deal with a local music store where local orders can be picked up. Details can be found on our shipping policy page.

Jethro

Tele-Afflicted
Hey folks, just thought I`d pass along this info....

Anyone looking for an excellent pickup builder-winder in Canada should really contact Smitty at:

http://www.mjscustompickups.com/

He really knows his craft, and is such a super nice guy.

I just recently got these two PAF styled Humbuckers in my Riszanyi (Tele style) build

They sound incredible!!! Very articulate and dynamic to pick response

nVrT0n3bZ32If9a5Lh81PtODorPZesPB9ntbbatioRStqq7STsNxsALl2hy5ixNwRGCssWY2ZJIed_VOlPon0pPb8D_GebzvzirmT28hmdJIzFIj0RyzLSGaG13sOfI2K1DdUmn72ZSG3CoY3bwanTX33rLR_m3YlrGWT3SPDy2xL56yshal12OZXHFYQr1MHZ7Qf23fG1Ymh5iak_IORPLHcjvqcr3I62dJF3M3h8-aWqMhzPbOYI58aPWXiK6Ez5MVtN6OqVvnH6iLvZvVP7qJol6_KjF-MG9UI5h4SnqJHI5ltYXBjupzknWTfTbH_sNFnN7GI0udLwD9oYxwFnbvLUzk2vrEoKkQgz7IXF1ubn-H54lPKVdt3eJV62iVuKAYm62cU8fjn9RpbOoGj8cX7eVxnQTgJqd2dXmaE4Xoaqj0PU8j_ckphWnM12wQw_GINvQ2SfWqdgnuUZZmQ05pb6CgL5IAIWc5kLfQ0Qvr5zrRLuzbw7VFWpw8puTffxLt_o_UDJctN0qpYHQvmTKHMTmSJHCl7a43Ore_mJvoH1Rn1vjUVLJUo410nRf_SzyjrT-pJxWUPyut_S662muIKWyUJCem6YuuyPdIl5i-I3tKcpfS=w759-h1012-no

Here`s a video clip by Rik Emmett....he`s swapping all his pickup`s out for Smitty`s MJS

Last edited:

cboutilier

Tele-Afflicted
Hey folks, just thought I`d pass along this info....

Anyone looking for an excellent pickup builder-winder in Canada should really contact Smitty at:

http://www.mjscustompickups.com/

He really knows his craft, and is such a super nice guy.

I just recently got these two PAF styled Humbuckers in my Riszanyi (Tele style) build

They sound incredible!!! Very articulate and dynamic to pick response

nVrT0n3bZ32If9a5Lh81PtODorPZesPB9ntbbatioRStqq7STsNxsALl2hy5ixNwRGCssWY2ZJIed_VOlPon0pPb8D_GebzvzirmT28hmdJIzFIj0RyzLSGaG13sOfI2K1DdUmn72ZSG3CoY3bwanTX33rLR_m3YlrGWT3SPDy2xL56yshal12OZXHFYQr1MHZ7Qf23fG1Ymh5iak_IORPLHcjvqcr3I62dJF3M3h8-aWqMhzPbOYI58aPWXiK6Ez5MVtN6OqVvnH6iLvZvVP7qJol6_KjF-MG9UI5h4SnqJHI5ltYXBjupzknWTfTbH_sNFnN7GI0udLwD9oYxwFnbvLUzk2vrEoKkQgz7IXF1ubn-H54lPKVdt3eJV62iVuKAYm62cU8fjn9RpbOoGj8cX7eVxnQTgJqd2dXmaE4Xoaqj0PU8j_ckphWnM12wQw_GINvQ2SfWqdgnuUZZmQ05pb6CgL5IAIWc5kLfQ0Qvr5zrRLuzbw7VFWpw8puTffxLt_o_UDJctN0qpYHQvmTKHMTmSJHCl7a43Ore_mJvoH1Rn1vjUVLJUo410nRf_SzyjrT-pJxWUPyut_S662muIKWyUJCem6YuuyPdIl5i-I3tKcpfS=w759-h1012-no

Here`s a video clip by Rik Emmett....he`s swapping all his pickup`s out for Smitty`s MJS

Sigil Pickups are another great Canadian winder. His specialty is gibson style pickups but he makes a killer Tele blackguard set.