Can you still listen to Bad Moon Rising?

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I consider myself something of a “stick in the mud.” If I like something, I’ll buy it again and again. I annoy my wife by always ordering spaghetti and meatballs at any Italian restaurant, even if it is not on the menu. When we were in Italy, a waiter laughed at me for this. But they did humor me.

Interestingly, though, it’s different with music. It’s like a switch turning off the power. When I’m done with a song or a band, I’m done. No more, please.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Only when the moon isn't full and the Wolf's Bane is not blooming.

Seriously thoughI have the same reaction to a few Allman Brothers Band tunes. The ABB have been a huge part of the soundtrack of my life. I have been listening to them since I was a kid. Tunes that have grown up with me through it all.

You are ok TD. Just a rush of nostalgia. Every year seems to go by quicker than the last.
Time is kinda like:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
For me, it's Tiny Dancer by Elton John. Summer, early 70's.
Hitchhiking with my girlfriend just before a HUGE downpour began.
A car pulled over, and as I closed the door, the skies opened up. Tiny Dancer had just started playing on the radio and I had never heard it before.
To this day, every time that song comes on, I am immediately time warped back to that moment...
Man, there ain't nothing in the world like catching a ride when you're hitching, especially in bad weather! A BIGGGG old gal picked me up one time, she said you have to be awfully brave to pick up a MAN like you when you're a poor defenseless woman like me (I was just a kid). I kept my eyes centered on the road ahead hoping she wasn't an axe murderer! ;)

acousticnitemare

Tele-Meister
I don't go looking for it, but when it comes up aperiodically in random cycling listening mode, I'm all about it, and much of the rest of CCR's stuff.

Can't emphasize enough how little I want to listen to the stuff Fogerty came out with after CCR folded, though. "Centerfield"? "Put me in, coach"? Ugh. Please- spare me.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
I like that one because of American Werewolf.
my fave is “Out my back door “, with that dobro and nice lead break. But I’m not much of a ccr or Fogerty fan.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Our favorite golf course has a little of the flavor of Caddy Shack. There's a number of cool guys working there, the cart shack in particular is what reminds me of Caddy Shack. There's always some 70s rock and roll coming over the speakers, enough so it can be heard quite clearly in the parking lot.

Today, as I was unloading our cart, and getting ready to leave, the music was up louder than usual. Suddenly CCR's Bad Moon Rising started playing, now mind you I've been listening to that thing since the summer of 1969! I always had my radio on when I was rebuilding engines in a shop, that I worked at during that time period. I locked up, transported in time back to those days. I thought I can't move, a fellow walking to his car looked at me, and came over and started talking to me. I think if he hadn't shown up, I might have gotten sucked up in a time vortex and landed right there at my old workstation in 1969!

When I got in the car, and started home, my wife said what happened to you back there? I didn't even try to explain to her, she's either lost in the fifties on rock and roll, or locked in on some mid 80s C&W. I don't think I'd better listen to Bad Moon Rising anymore. I'm just wondering any of you can still listen to Bad Moon Rising and not go bonkers.
I go Bonkers for old CCR.
I t has become infused with my DNA.

black_doug

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
CCR is the music of my youth and Bad Moon Rising is definitely one of their best.

It takes me back to lazy summers at the cottage, and a beautiful blonde girl I knew at one of the cottages down the road. When she heard that I had bought a 45 of Traveling Band, she wanted me to give it to her. (I didn’t.)

just yesterday I was listening to my CCR playlist.

Strat Jacket

Tele-Holic
I don't go looking for it, but when it comes up aperiodically in random cycling listening mode, I'm all about it, and much of the rest of CCR's stuff.

Can't emphasize enough how little I want to listen to the stuff Fogerty came out with after CCR folded, though. "Centerfield"? "Put me in, coach"? Ugh. Please- spare me.
As much as Centerfield is not exactly on everyone's playlist, ya gotta admit it was a stroke of genius on John's part to write a song that gets played on every major league field's loudspeaker system at practically every game. You can almost feel the royalties coming down like snowflakes in a blizzard. Besides, he had to pay for his court costs in the Saul Zaentz lawsuit somehow.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Our favorite golf course has a little of the flavor of Caddy Shack. There's a number of cool guys working there, the cart shack in particular is what reminds me of Caddy Shack. There's always some 70s rock and roll coming over the speakers, enough so it can be heard quite clearly in the parking lot.

Today, as I was unloading our cart, and getting ready to leave, the music was up louder than usual. Suddenly CCR's Bad Moon Rising started playing, now mind you I've been listening to that thing since the summer of 1969! I always had my radio on when I was rebuilding engines in a shop, that I worked at during that time period. I locked up, transported in time back to those days. I thought I can't move, a fellow walking to his car looked at me, and came over and started talking to me. I think if he hadn't shown up, I might have gotten sucked up in a time vortex and landed right there at my old workstation in 1969!

When I got in the car, and started home, my wife said what happened to you back there? I didn't even try to explain to her, she's either lost in the fifties on rock and roll, or locked in on some mid 80s C&W. I don't think I'd better listen to Bad Moon Rising anymore. I'm just wondering any of you can still listen to Bad Moon Rising and not go bonkers.
Love the song, as everything they did. They were conscious in many ways.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Holic
CCR is very rarely ever anything I “put on” nowadays, but whenever I do—I have a greatest hits LP that sounds great—I always rediscover (duh!) just how awesome they were, John Fogerty of course most of all. I mean he was so good: killer songwriter, singer, and guitarist. What a cool band with a long list of exemplary, freshly original, and thoroughly rocking songs. Nothing else like them. As a kid and young teen, I had a pretty long CCR phase. I ordered a two cassette “Silver Eagle” compilation of a load of their stuff from a TV infomercial, or my mom ordered it for me. I was probably ten, around the time The Big Chill came out. I fell in love with “Bad Moon Rising” off the soundtrack of that movie my mom had, and wanted more. Ran the wheels off those cassettes.

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
I didn't care for CCR until I discovered Susie Q and I Put A Spell On You in college (1986).

It's nice to see this recent and official live version.

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
I was 12 when Cosmo's Factory was released.

Bad Moon Rising had already been released. I really enjoyed CCR and their music.

I was just learning to play guitar and I wore out that album playing along......fortunately if you can play the good old cowboy chords, you could play a lot of CCR.

In Canada we had a local AM Radio station 1050 Chum that played all the popular songs of the day. CCR got a lot of play. Over the years as Radio has changed CHUM went to the FM Dial.

CCR, Beach Boys, Chicago and many other groups from that era can transport me into a happy place of perpetual summer time and youth.

So yes I can listen to and enjoy playing/singing "Bad Moon Rising". I enjoy John's YouTube channel as well.

SnidelyWhiplash

Poster Extraordinaire
As much as Centerfield is not exactly on everyone's playlist, ya gotta admit it was a stroke of genius on John's part to write a song that gets played on every major league field's loudspeaker system at practically every game. You can almost feel the royalties coming down like snowflakes in a blizzard. Besides, he had to pay for his court costs in the Saul Zaentz lawsuit somehow.

Any songwriter worth his salt would be damned lucky to write a song as good as CF. Funny thing about the Zaentz lawsuit, JF was being sued for sounding & writing TOO MUCH like himself. 😉

Damned lawyers...