Can you still listen to Bad Moon Rising?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Our favorite golf course has a little of the flavor of Caddy Shack. There's a number of cool guys working there, the cart shack in particular is what reminds me of Caddy Shack. There's always some 70s rock and roll coming over the speakers, enough so it can be heard quite clearly in the parking lot.

Today, as I was unloading our cart, and getting ready to leave, the music was up louder than usual. Suddenly CCR's Bad Moon Rising started playing, now mind you I've been listening to that thing since the summer of 1969! I always had my radio on when I was rebuilding engines in a shop, that I worked at during that time period. I locked up, transported in time back to those days. I thought I can't move, a fellow walking to his car looked at me, and came over and started talking to me. I think if he hadn't shown up, I might have gotten sucked up in a time vortex and landed right there at my old workstation in 1969!

When I got in the car, and started home, my wife said what happened to you back there? I didn't even try to explain to her, she's either lost in the fifties on rock and roll, or locked in on some mid 80s C&W. I don't think I'd better listen to Bad Moon Rising anymore. I'm just wondering any of you can still listen to Bad Moon Rising and not go bonkers.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I always thought it cool when Fogerty would dip into the spooky themes a bit.
That juxtaposed with those happy bouncy scotty moore-isms (lifted straight off "You're Right, I'm Left, She's Gone"), that song just kills
I'm telling you, that thing just sucked me in today. It really is a great song! I'm going to be better real soon though; momma is fixing me a big plate of hot wings!

Strat Jacket

Tele-Holic
I can, and I do. I just watched the whole CCR Woodstock footage on YT after watching the new CCR Netflix movie and It totally takes me back to my teenage years. John's unique vocals and screaming guitar licks on that Rickenbacker are just mad! What I love most about his style is that it's simple enough for anyone to play, yet complex enough to really make you work if you really try to dial in his tone, attack, vibrato and energy. So yes, I just listened to BMR a whole bunch of times again and I'm not tired of it yet!

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
John F is quite the song writer. So many catchy great tunes. Hard to pick 1 favourite. At different periods of my life I seem to have a favourite. 10 years later a new favourite. Rinse and repeat for 80 years. Timeless songs. The past 4 years, for me its been Lodi.

I can’t quite grasp how someone could cut down CCR. Calling it San-Fran hippy music. I’ve heard someone say that. Oh well. Guess those same folks think Kanye West is better than Jimi Hendrix. Lol. I just can’t relate.

Strat Jacket

Tele-Holic
John F is quite the song writer. So many catchy great tunes. Hard to pick 1 favourite. At different periods of my life I seem to have a favourite. 10 years later a new favourite. Rinse and repeat for 80 years. Timeless songs. The past 4 years, for me its been Lodi.

I can’t quite grasp how someone could cut down CCR. Calling it San-Fran hippy music. I’ve heard someone say that. Oh well. Guess those same folks think Kanye West is better than Jimi Hendrix. Lol. I just can’t relate.
I believe CCR were the only human beings at Woodstock that weren't stoned.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I actually sang Bad Moon Rising at a gig recently.
Alas, Fogerty I ain’t.
That said, no, I cannot voluntarily listen to it anymore.
CCR was a big part of my junior high school memories.
Suzy Q, Bad Moon Rising, Run Through The Jungle, Fortunate Son, Sweet Hitchhiker, Green River, Born On The Bayou, Up Around The Bend, Lodi, Down On The Corner, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, have all been on my set lists since they were new hits.
55-odd years.
I just can’t listen to em’ anymore.
I’ve heard em’ all way too many times.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Creedence was never a BIG favorite......but I didn't "dislike" them. A real audience pleaser for my High School band was Proud Mary. Suzy Q is another one I like. I say this with all respect.....and with tongue-in-cheek......but "some" people will say Fogarty only wrote a couple of songs, and then recycled them with different lyrics. ;););)

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
I had a buddy with about 27 different lyric variations and I don't always hear the actual words anymore, but I do like it.

"Theeeeres' a bathroom, on the right" is among the few that won't get me banned!

But Born on the Bayou is my personal fave CCR tune.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
I still like it. It was the fisrt song I sang when thrown up onstage at age 14. One girl/friend said ; "I didn't know Terry could sing."
To which I replied ; " Neither did i till they chucked me up there!"
Went on to do a set of CCR songs ( all I knew ) that day. Still played a couple in a Bali restaurant a couple years ago like Fortunate Son and Green River. Still fun as they aren't hard to play and most people like 'em.
They weren't just songs either, many had statements about those awful years and Fortunate Son is one, Who'll stop the Rain another. Lodi's nice too.
TD between that and your dreams Im getting worried m'boy.;)