Can you play hip hop on a Telecaster?

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Wassup, homies! I make beats in my bedroom with a Casiotone Deluxe. My homies are dissin' me 'cuz my beats have no cred, so I was figuring that if I looped some clawpicking I might get some hotties in my crib. You feel me, dawg? Can a Telecaster hook me up?

tpaul

Poster Extraordinaire
Frodebro in da house! Yo, you gets more cred rippin Esquire samples, dawg. And that Casio is wack.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
For real? The guy at Wal-Mart said all the producers are rolling Casios. Damn.

Old Cane

Poster Extraordinaire
Can a Telecaster hook me up?

See, you got it backwards.

You know, had somebody told me 30 years ago I could make a living with a drum machine, some nursery rhymes and my deadbeat cousins hanging around all the time I'd have thought they were as crazy as the guy that said he was going to bottle water and sell it for the same price as soda pop.

musicalmartin

Poster Extraordinaire
Wassup, homies! I make beats in my bedroom with a Casiotone Deluxe. My homies are dissin' me 'cuz my beats have no cred, so I was figuring that if I looped some clawpicking I might get some hotties in my crib. You feel me, dawg? Can a Telecaster hook me up?
Only if you wear a cowboy hat..er "Bro"

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hah! Maybe it's time to start a new thread that strips out the genre part and just says "Can you play a Telecaster?"

Good idea, because it's REALLY hard to try to post hip hip slang without breaking so many rules that rules that don't even exist here would get broken as well.

Camplain

Tele-Holic

Yo Yo Frodebro...sup dawg?... yo, that cassio gone leave ya beatz cold... fo sho, fo sho... yea... I ben thur... an I tried that Tele thang too!... main, it don't work!.... you want tha ladies to notice, and ya homies too.... ain't but one inscrument gone do it... three words dawg... Tri An Gle... yeah!...das right!... play a lil bit round dinner time and they come runnin'... that's when ya hit em up with a lil ting ta ting ta ting ting ting... triangle dawg... you'll thank me later...

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yo Yo Frodebro...sup dawg?... yo, that cassio gone leave ya beatz cold... fo sho, fo sho... yea... I ben thur... an I tried that Tele thang too!... main, it don't work!.... you want tha ladies to notice, and ya homies too.... ain't but one inscrument gone do it... three words dawg... Tri An Gle... yeah!...das right!... play a lil bit round dinner time and they come runnin'... that's when ya hit em up with a lil ting ta ting ta ting ting ting... triangle dawg... you'll thank me later...

Word! What triangle has the most slammin' bass? I have four 15s in my Hyundai Excel, it pounds.

Camplain

Tele-Holic
Main, I hates to say it here... but.... issa Gibson, Gibson Gold Top Triangugator P Triangle to be exact... I calls it... Tha Rumbla...

janglist

Tele-Meister
Seriously, though. I was trying to lay down some 70s-style funk chops on my tele but lack any skill or talent. Is there a way I could re-route the body and install some rubber pads so I can just trigger samples from old records?

Something like this?

teleat.jpg

olwdillchips

Tele-Meister

not funny...

73Fender

Friend of Leo's
Leo envisioned this back in the 50's. All Teles have a death chip that will activate if hip hopped upon.