1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Can you ID this Tele? Aria Pro ii, Nashville, Wilkinson, Partscaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by guitarswheelies, Oct 4, 2020.

1. guitarswheelies

guitarswheelies TDPRI Member

Howdy All,
    I am curious if anyone can ID this guitar from the pic. It is a Tele style with an Aria Pro ii neck. It might be a partscaster I'm not sure. The guy selling it said that the bride is a Wilkinson. It looks like the neck might have originated from another guitar as the body looks more modern.

Anyhow as you can see it has a slightly smaller body that looks like it was cross pollinated with a Les Paul. It sports a Nashville pickup arrangement and a Wilkinson bridge. The body is slightly thinner than a Fender Tele body. I like and was thinking of getting it to fool around with. I'm not familiar with this body style.
    upload_2020-10-4_23-40-42.png

upload_2020-10-4_23-40-42.png

rangercaster likes this.
  2. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

615CST

3. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I swear I've seen an Aria like that somewhere...
    The pickguard with one side of the pickup mounted in the guard and the other to the body is on Strat style Aria's I've seen.

radiocaster likes this.
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

You nailed it. I vaguely remember these; it's a stock Aria Pro II model.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  5. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Damn, I'd be all over that for $165.

6. guitarswheelies

guitarswheelies TDPRI Member

Haha I'm glad you caught the price being $165. I did buy it but I had to wait all week until I could see the guy again. Made it a long week kind of.

As is turns out this is the STD version which I presume means STANDARD . It looks like the US made CST version but it is Asian made. The quality is very high. There is another Asian version called the SLP which only has 2 pickups.

The pickups have the ceramic magnets on the bottom and the small pots. I am thinking of rewinding some dead Alnico pickups that I have laying around for this guitar. The acoustic tone quality is great -responsive and not shrill or dead.

I have generally played maple neck Strats or things like Harmony Meteor 335's or Chris Issaks. The only Teles I used in bands were a 73 rosewood neck Fender with an alder body or a 69 MIJ Thinline. I am hoping this Aria evokes the 73 vibe.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.