Can You Help Identify Code In ‘62 Tele Neck Pocket?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Architar, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Architar

Architar TDPRI Member

90948F2E-6079-4883-9BDC-C42F2F119E31.jpeg Hello,
    Does anyone recognize this pencil written code? It reads T-1308 and is not on a piece of applied tape. Rather, it appears to have been penciled on the base coat, then taped over to cover before color coat went on (tape then removed). This is on a Tele with 1/62 penciled neck date. Kind of a mystery.
    Thanks!
    Architar

Attached Files:

2. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Looks like..
    T-1308 to me.

:D

Is that written on a piece of tape, or was the tape used to cover the writing during painting?

3. Architar

Architar TDPRI Member

Appears that tape was used to cover the writing before painting. The paint outline looks “toothy” on one end like the piece of masking tape was pulled off a roll with built in cutter.

4. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Do you know whether the guitar was refinished way back when? I'm not suggesting that this is indicative of such...just wondering out loud

I've seen so many different variations of Fender practices, each authentic and stuff, such that the fact that there's tape covering pencil marks means nothing in itself.

But it may to someone else. Are there any other pencil marks in the pickup cavity? And...

Have you been in touch with Fender? They might surprise you.

I've a rubber stamped date in the pickup cavity of a 64 Strat that confused everyone I asked...

...until a fellow at Fender shared that those would sometimes appear when an instrument was returned to the factory for one reason or another.

Stratwrangler likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.