Can you get 'In Tune' compensated saddles for American Standard string spacing

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by toonskeez, Jul 12, 2020.

1. toonskeez

toonskeez TDPRI Member

I'm venturing into my 4th guitar build at the moment. It's gonna have 2 strats pickups in it, but with my own guitar shape and design.
    I want to put a Tele hardtail half bridge on it with 3 compensated brass saddles. Also, I want to top load the strings, as I don't have a drill press to do the string through body holes, and am not bothered with string through body approach anyway.
    I've been looking online at the plethora of choices. I already have a tele with 3 compensated, slanted brass saddles and they work really well, but only after I notched a small groove for each string, to stop them from sideways movement over the saddle.
    I like the idea of those Rutters saddles, with compensated grooves on the saddles, however it's for vintage string spacing for tele, which is 54mm.
    https://ruttersguitars.com/rutters-brass-straight-comp-saddles
    Is there anywhere you can get the same type of saddles, but for American Standard strat string spacing of 52mm ?
    I know I could just notch my own grooves again, to my own desired spacing, but it would be great not to have to do that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.