Can you buy actual paper concert tickets any more?

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
Next week Dead and Company is playing a few miles from my house. Last year we went and sat in an hours traffic to leave. The people I went with aren't around this year. It's the only big show I'd want to make an effort to see.

Tickets in the seats at $100+

I thought I could go solo and just head over on my dual sport (dirtbike) to escape the parking lot after the show.

BUT can you still buy tickets without an app these days? Every show I used to go to would have some hustlers buying tickets for pennies and selling for face or more. Is that still a thing?

I could always head over and try my luck but would hate to get all jazzed up to see the show and then walk/ride away disappointed.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
It's hilarious that I know you're talking about Jiffy Lube Live. How is it still so bad?

I've had the option a few times to have printed tickets mailed to me, but haven't been to a big act/big venue show where that would've applied since we left that area. Anthem always had the option (and I always took it) but the last show I saw there was 2018.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
You can buy vintage ones and keep the pic on your phone.
1656639222057.png

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
No. You cannot buy paper tickets. And holding a sign/finger didn't work for me. So I bought a lawn seat.

Really surprised it was this difficult
20220708_182834.jpg

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I sometimes will call to get real tickets mailed. They do. Especially college football

nickmsmith

Tele-Holic
If you go to the box office and buy tickets, they often will hand you paper tickets. It depends on the venue.

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
What a ****ing disappointment. Can't have fun with the music. Have to make a political statement. I'm out.
Seriously? That is disappointing. We can pretty much guess (or find out otherwise through news, interviews, etc.) where our favorite performers stand on politics. Don’t really need a statement/lecture from them at the concert. ☹️

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
Seriously? That is disappointing. We can pretty much guess (or find out otherwise through news, interviews, etc.) where our favorite performers stand on politics. Don’t really need a statement/lecture from them at the concert. ☹️
Yeah. And like the Dead they don't "say" anything but it's the song selection and the graphics behind the band that say it all.

We all have opinions. We all have stories. Maybe we all fit sownwhere on a spectrum about a particular topic. Fine. Talk to your friends about it. Don't assume people there for your product want to hear it.

Especially if they work in DC. And are affected by it all the time.

I'm not proud of myself either. I probably made a rash decision to leave before the first set was done. I'm quite sure all the alcohol wasn't out of my system before I rode home.

Oh well. Ill.sleep it off an feel better.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
This thread reminds me of going to the Ticketron office at the mall with my buds to stand in line for Floyd tickets. Paper, of course.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes, I have two sets here now from Ticketmaster.
If you have something like that you can. Sometimes from the venue as well, although some may not sell in advance. Also before the show, if it's not sold out.