can i make my deluxe ash scn tele sound like 52 ri

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by okavipra, Feb 14, 2013.

1. okavipra

okavipra TDPRI Member

i changed my pickups, and it was an improvement but somehow (or is it just me) i find it still sounds a little thin ,especially on the neck pup, will i get in that 52 zone by changing bridge with Glendale ?

2. Brandon mac

Brandon mac Tele-Holic

you can make any tele sound like a 52 ri tele if you put the pups from a 52 ri tele in yours.

3. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

I put '52 RI pickups in my American Standard Tele and it never sounded quite like a '52RI. It was closer but there's more to the '52RI sound than just the pickups.

4. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm sure you're right. If the saddles don't matter (I think they do though), at least the electronics does. Pots and caps you know.;)

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I owned a 60th anniversary diamond american series tele that came equipped with O.V. pickups, at the same time I owned a '52 AVRI, the American Series had more twang on the bridge pickup and more cool blues tones on the neck pickup than the '52, both are long gone now, but I miss the Diamond series more than the '52. To clarify, it was not the reissue 60th, but the one with the rosewood neck and funky case.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.