Can anyone reproduce the blue flowers finish?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Joejitsu, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Joejitsu

Joejitsu TDPRI Member

my 68 tele was originally blue flowers finish. Now of course it’s been stripped and a different color. Anyone know of refinishers who can reproduce that original blue flowers finish, wallpaper and all?

2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

MJT do - I think.... I have seen one or two Paisley finishes for auction.
    I don;t see flower advertised on their website though.
    https://www.mjtagedfinishes.com/

In Northern Ireland there is a a team called SC Relics that do amazing Flower finishes Paisley finish is £400
    https://screlics.co.uk/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

This may be a long shot, but I just saw an ad today for a Custom Shop Thinline Telecaster in an aged blue flower finish. Maybe they would be willing to do a refinish on a guitar that originally had that finish.

5. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

When I restored my self-butchered original sparkle silver '68 Tele I had to source an original, early '68 body (the story of what I did to the sparkle body is so bad you guys would banish me if I told the whole thing, but I digress). I wanted one that had already been refinished so I wasn't the guy who violated the originality. Eventually found a refin '68 Blue Floral the owner of the guitar had gotten sprayed Lake Placid Blue. He said he'd looked all over and could never find anyone to replicate the blue floral, which, of course, was orignally wallpaper stock. That was probably ten years ago, and with the popularity of the paisley perhaps by now someone's picked this up. I had Marty Bell shoot the sparkle and it came out beautifully.

6. Skamania

Skamania Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Perhaps ask Fiesta Finishes in Berkeley. They are on gbase.com

7. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

I don’t know how easy it is to have him do it but I’ve seen paisleys that’s crook has restored and they look pretty good
    So he might be able to do a blue floral

Check out crook guitars

Like I say I don’t know what type of schedule they have or if they still do restoration or how much it cost

I hear crook even has tracked down some of the original paper used

8. pcasarona

pcasarona Tele-Meister

You may also want to check RS Guitarworks in KY. They do exceptional refinishes. Don't know if they can do the blue paisley or not, but it can't hurt to ask. Whatever they do will be quality.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.