Can anyone recommend any nice/calm albums? anything folky is good

WelhavenTW

Tele-Meister
David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive
Mark Hollis - s/t
Beth Gibbons - Out of Season

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
For folk style..."Watchhouse" (formerly went by "Mandarin Orange"). I played them at work all last year when things were hectic and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

As for relaxation, I have turned to the Sinatra album "In the Wee Small Hours". I often play it to help me fall asleep if I am stressed. It is crafted so well that it really does represent the feel of the early morning hours.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
if you dont mind something different you might like these

Ry Cooder meeting By the river

I fell for this the first time I heard it headphones , pillow, couch , your favorite bevy

Roxy Music Avalon -this vid I did not realize it messed up 2 songs #4 &#5 are not from this album

Baka outback

this is a little different but relaxing

Last edited:

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
Z
I need to relax a bit and was looking for some nice calm folk or country easy listening type of music. I was just listening to some John Denver, any recommendations?
+3, 4, 5 on Nick Drake, Cowboy Junkies, Emmylou Harris (Wrecking Ball), Mississippi John Hurt. They’re all a touch sad but mellow and relaxing.

Cat Stevens is the first I think of for folk guitar. There’s some hard strumming acoustic spikes but his music puts me in that place…
1665061709304.jpeg

1665062984943.jpeg

How’s this title for relaxing?
1665062713858.jpeg

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Anything at all by this cat. I wish him all the success in the world, but kind of glad that he's still relatively unknown in the US.

*EDIT: Sorry, except Fink's earlier DJ work, although that has its appeals too. He's also got a great and widely varied/constantly-updated playlist on Spotify I should pay more attention to.

Early solo Mould?

Last edited:

bonzo898

Tele-Meister
Fleet Foxes self-titled album, the entire thing. One of my favorite things recorded in the last 20 years. Amazing