1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Can anyone ID this old noname tele?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Bjarke15, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Bjarke15

Bjarke15 TDPRI Member

Recently spotted this old tele copy on a local trade site (like eBay). It has a Teisco meets Fender vibe that is kinda growing on me. I would be grateful if anyone recognizes this model and has some info on it.

s-l1600.jpg

2. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

The control plate w/ a internal jack and a toggle switch is common on early '70s MIJ offerings. I have seen them w/ many different head stock shapes, few seem to have names. That one may have a upgraded bridge, usually they are found w/ a some what hourglass shaped pice of tin, that originaly had a ashtray type cover. They are not high quality, and are one of those things that IMHO were fun as $25 yard sale finds, but are more trouble than they are worth as "vintage" instruments; YMMV.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

The shape of the head stock reminds me of an old Tokai that I saw in a pawn shop in Bakersfield a number of years ago.

:)

4. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Friend of Leo's

That large truss rod cover was common on Antoria copies, probably a few other Japanese makers too.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Personally....if it's over $50 or so, I'd pass.....

6. JSMac

JSMac Tele-Holic

Could it be one of these? I see similarities but differences too.

Edit: Looking again, other than the headstock shape and the truss rod cover, I see more differences than similarities.
    Mine has no string trees, pickguard is pointier at the lower horn, jack is is not on the control plate, different placement of the neck PU....nevermind. :confused:

004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.