Can a place/building/home be evil/tainted ? And if so - can it be redeemed ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

And it’s funny how people will see ghosts in the most stereotypically “creepy” house/style of architecture. What about a Kroger or Safeway supermarket on the July sunny day without a cloud in the sky full of about three or 400 people? How come no one ever sees a ghost in there even if some stock boy got killed by a pyramid of canned peas back in the 50’s ?

I took my wife and son there in the summer of 2016. Beautiful piece of property and a beautiful house . I’ve yet to get them to watch Citizen Kane though…

william tele, Durtdog and Toto'sDad like this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

All of our efforts finally end up in the same box, whether it be a big one, or a little one, it's still a box, even if it's a cardboard one. Arkansas is kind of different or at least it was a few years ago. Friend of mine and his family had their mother cremated when she passed. They took her ashes to Arkansas where their father had passed away and been interred years ago. Problem was there were no properties available to bury her along side of the dad. They went up to the office of the cemetery and asked what would have to be done if they wanted to just put her ashes in their father's grave. The guy there said, well, I've got a shovel, or if you'd like a post hole digger, I think that would be fine. They borrowed an implement the momma was interred with the dad, they said a few words over the grave, then they all trundled on back to California. Damn, that reality stuff is really reality.

3. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Find the so called Scariest Place on Earth, and I'll be happy to fire up the Bar-B-Que pit, and invite the whole crew of Evil Ghosts;)

4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

I've never experienced, or known anyone that has experienced, that crap shown on those "haunted house" TV shows. You have to WANT to believe it to believe it, just like you have to WANT to be hypnotized to be hypnotized. I don't believe it, or want to believe it. But if it bites me in the ass, I'll believe it.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

War memorials, and others, one big one right there in New York included in your proposition. You'd think you couldn't walk for the ghosts in some of those places. Citizen Kane is a work of the ages!

6. Toto'sDad

Almost twenty years ago, we visited Brittan Lane a war memorial from the civil war. It's in a very remote location, and is heavily wooded on both sides. It's open to the public, but there is no one there, no guide etc. There are some tablets and such to tell the story of the battle fought there, and an old structure with a breezeway where the Union doctors treated the wounded on one side of the breezeway and the Confederate medics treated their wounded on the other.

The mind is a funny thing. I've been deep in the woods, on the darkest nights hunting with my hounds, but that pace was just plain spooky. When the sun went down, and it started getting dark, I found myself saying to momma, think we ought to be heading on back to the motel? :D

william tele likes this.
  7. Mike Eskimo

The camera work/cinematography alone...

First time I watched it was in my filler class “intro to film” at the community college and because it was the early 80s I watched it through a gigantic plume of smoke because Mr. Pflaum smoked about a pack during your average movie but he was the teacher and he sat up front so...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I have wondered about this too, and here's why:

I live and work as a self-employed painter here in Holland. I was called to do a bunch of painting work on a very fine millionaire-type mansion in a place that's like Holland's Beverly Hills. As I often do before starting a job, I put the address in to my search engine, expecting a map or realtor's ad, something to help me find the house.

What I got was several news stories about the house. A few years back, a high-flying international banker was at the center of a huge financial scandal that cost many people and institutions hundreds of millions of dollars. This was his house.

He never faced trial or anything, but he did become pretty notorious and unpopular.

One night, he killed his wife, his 18-year-old daughter, and himself in this house. That's the story I read.

I did the job, but it felt a bit creepy in that big old silent house, all alone in the dark mornings and evenings.

My client was representing the sole surviving daughter (who had come home to find the above scenario) and preparing the house for rental. I was there when the renters arrived - a family with three kids. I wondered if they knew anything about this story. I kinda don't think so.

Mike Eskimo and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Ah, I long for the days when a teacher could poison a young mushed filled skull, while simultaneously poisoning his body! I did love the movie it's everything you say. It should be, (maybe is) a learning experience for those who would make movies. I wonder if Spike has watched it? Probably not.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Believe me – like his work or not - he’s definitely a student of cinema And I’m sure he’s seen it numerous times.

Jhundt - that my friend Has the potential to be a little nerve rattling.

I’m in loads of houses of clients by myself - in fact I’m in one right now - but it’s pretty rare that I even sense anything if you know what I mean…

Toto'sDad and jhundt like this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  12. hollowman

hollowman Friend of Leo's

NL ranch? Burn it down. doze it over.

MuddyDitch and Mike Eskimo like this.
  13. Toto'sDad

It would seem there should be something that could be done that would be more useful than that.

14. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

We did a day trip to the Salton Sea on a lark during one vacation and we pulled into this ramshackle dystopian-looking settlement along the way just to look around. From the road it looked like it was abandoned and bombed out, but there were still signs that people lived there. It seemed like a very dark place, like there was a lot of misery and evil there. Hard to explain, but it was very creepy. Got the distinct feeling that I didn't want to be there when the sun went down.

15. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I stayed one in an isolated castle/hostel in the middle of Ireland.

The place could not have been more stereotypically cold, damp, dark and terrifying.

I was with a friend and his GF. Early in the morning, before sunrise, we arranged that someone would go "woooooooo" and rattle their bed.

Not sure if we ever told her the truth on that one, but she sure was in a hurry to leave.

16. MuddyDitch

MuddyDitch Tele-Holic

Plant a wildflower meadow. Leave it for 100 years.

hollowman likes this.
  17. Dean James

Dean James Tele-Meister

18. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Well, the world is full of places where evil has transpired, sometimes on a scale much vaster than Jackson's "ranch." My own thought is that it's up to us in the present, moving forward, to make the world better, so I guess that's a commitment to redemption and I don't know why it would be limited to boundaries on the ground. It takes good to counter evil, not avoidance.

19. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

against the advice of a friend I moved into a house that she had lived in after she had insisted do not move into that house with great intensity, which usually not her style at all. she was right .
    one of my roomates and I had a talk about the creepy wierd stuff hat we both had experience living there the list of things was almost the same and it was long and dark.

20. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :eek:

beagle likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.