1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Can a 4 way switch be used for anything else?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Chet Johnson, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

Can a 4 way switch be wired for any other purposes besides series parallell? I would. Love to know u anything anyone else has tried or done.

2. smokebreak

smokebreak Tele-Meister

sure. you can wire the two pups out of phase...sounds like a wahwah halfway down...pretty cool....
    you can also do the "direct through" wiring that wires a pickup straight to the output jack(super bright/twangy).
    you can do the gibson 50's wiring too.
    i just had a 5way and 2 push-pulls put in last week, and got all of that stuff done.
    series and out of phase are the mostr interesting new sounds to me so far.
    50's wiring did the opposite of what i had heard...need to take it back to the shop! anyway...

here is some info:
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2007/Feb/The_Telecaster_Mod_Guide.aspx
    http://www.deaf-eddie.net/guitars/5-tone.html

3. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

You can actually use it for anything you want. Think of it as a 3 way with an extra lig thats all it is.

I had a bridge pickup that was a dual coil one side was 7k other side was 13k.

I used a 4 way wired it up as an Esquire with switching so I could access the sounds of both coils with tone and the sound of it bypassing the tone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.