Can’t stand U2? Nor can Bono

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
i see too many old men yelling at clouds here..............

either you like them or not, its irrellevant to the fact i may be inclined to listen to them or not, my choice.

But, thats the end of it, if you dont like them too bad, if you do like them great , but is it worth 3 pages of old man wanking? i guess so, .......appearently, some how

i'ld still buy any of them a pint of guiness any time any place and be glad to do so.
Without old men wanking this site wouldn't exist

Doctor of Teleocity
I used to get irritated by Bono’s antics, but U2 is a solid band, he is a great Rock singer, the Edge plays great, and they have recorded many good songs. One time I read up on U2, and subsequently Bono, and after learning all that he has done for other human beings, I realized I needed to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask myself what have I done for others in my pitiful little vapor of a life? So I forgive him for breathing too heavy between verses haha.

BelairPlayer

Tele-Afflicted
This reminds of those “news stories” where Instagram models complain that they’re so petty that men are intimidated to ask them out, complete with a link to their profile so that you’ll zip right over to see just how bad she’s got it.

A clever ruse to remind us the U2 songs are an option.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
When I was in 10th grade they played in a club in Atlanta and I was able to interview them for the school paper basically in support of 3 and just starting to get college radio play. They were super nice and so young and even a little shy. I remember Bono said he was homesick. A short time later they played as opener for J Geils Band at a larger theatre called The Fox. I saw that show too. Within 3-4 months they were blown up superstars.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I lost interest in U2 when Bono became Yoko: The Second Coming with those goggles.

Here's why.

... but at least Bono sounds objectively better than Yoko regardless of what he claims to think of his own voice atm.

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Only saw them once. Pretty good show.
Support acts were decent too, an Aussie band called Weddings Parties Anything (think Pogues/Dropkick Murphys etc) and some fella called BB King...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.