Camping & beaches warning.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by imwjl, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Only Superior. Even in August that water would turn John Holmes into George Costanza quicker than you could sing “fellas it’s too rough to feed ya”.

Lk Michigan’s fine. Would’ve loved to have been on that beach just south of pyramid point today ...

imwjl, uriah1 and teletimetx like this.
  2. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Funny. She said not over her dead body on those but checked them out when my pals and I rented them for trips. She used to drive a Mustang GT. Now she drives a pretty sexy minivan with custom hitch and 1Up rack - the lowered Sienna SE.

Toast likes this.
  3. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Or as a comedienne over here put it: I make all the small decisions - What we’re having for dinner, where we are going on holiday, what colour the we are painting the living room, things like that, while my husband makes the important decisions about how the country is run, what players the football manager should have picked and so on...

Ricky D., imwjl and blowtorch like this.
  4. imwjl

Your side of Lake Michigan has warmer beaches than our side.

You need wet and/or dry suits for both. While I've always considered her beautiful in many ways you reminded me of how much I liked the pink or black one piece Speedo she wore with wet suit and the time she embarrassed her dad with a two piece suit accident at the cabin.

The who generally manages what posts are funny too. I grew up used to strong and what some call liberated women but that was out of economics and necessity. Still, no matter how gender neutral you try, often there are differences that stand out.

5. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Dang, you lucky guy. My school buds bailed on our Cocoa Beach annual trip. I’m stuck here with a 72 yo grump who needs a knee replaced and won’t take his pain meds or drink enough to walk 2 blocks to the beach without pain......

imwjl likes this.
  6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Pics or it didn't happen :p

imwjl likes this.
  7. imwjl

I'm not that dumb. You might need to be careful too.

8. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

does your wife know about this blonde woman?

9. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Johnny Winter's timeless advice: "Check out her mama. . . "

It sounds like both mom and dad raised a confident gal and OP is one of the beneficiaries.
    Glad it's worked out.

Peace - Deeve

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Ricky D. and imwjl like this.
  10. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Haha! Exactly. And he fell for it!

11. imwjl

There is a really funny variation of that on the MTB trails near my home. It's becoming more and more of a women's sport. My wife and other women have embarrassed some young men. The young guys see a nice shape on nice bike and then find out the rider could be their mom. It's more funny when they find out the rider is married to one of the guys they consider the old farts.

My wife's mom is a seriously cool and ahead of her times chick. Same for my own mother. They've had incredible lives and are living "pedal to the metal" for women nearing age 90. It's not just me being lucky and grateful. These 3 incredibly strong and different women have no doubt been a tremendous influence on our kids.

12. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My wife's mom is 2 years younger than I. It's been a little dicey at times, but it's mostly OK.

13. imwjl

Hmm.... Long ago I was worried about the cradle robber title with a 7 year age difference.

14. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

I have an identical story! About 25 years ago, a work colleague asked a bunch of us to help him move his girlfriend out of her parents' house and into his apartment. "Easy breezy," he said.

I showed up on the Saturday morning only to find out that everyone else had bailed. It was raining. She had a TON of crap--only half of it was packed--and super bulky bedroom furniture. Her parents did not mask their hostility toward us. She kept screaming at us to be careful with her stuff and to keep it out of the rain. His apartment elevator wasn't working.

On second thought, our stories have nothing in common except that they're still together and have two happy kids. From best I can tell, one is low-maintenance like him and the other takes after the mom.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    imwjl likes this.
  15. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Hard to impress the babes once that Lake Superior water hits your shorty.

uriah1 likes this.
  16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

These stories are great.

But the truth is, usually you identify someone you think can handle the rigors of your sport. And she's simply great at it. But she doesn't know it, or cannot be convinced what a natural she is.

And so she says "yes, I had a great time but you obviously love this activity much more than I do". Which could be a polite euphemism for something else, but love for certain kinds of activities is not contagious. It is some people, who make it as fun for their would be partner as it is for them (but it is the individual and not the activity that's doing the lifting here). And that's the hardest part - the rarest accomplishment I think. They don't continue in the activity with someone else - they just get busy trying to save money or have babies or something.

And this happens in music, too. The ones with real talent, aren't feeling it and the ones who don't have a musical bone in their body, won't stop calling you.

So those of you who got all your stars to align, even for just a few years; you're the lucky ones.

imwjl likes this.
  17. imwjl

I'll add the amount of work. Sure there was the great timing and extraordinary timing but I think we assumed we were decent people prior. There has always been work starting with just being respectful and decent. My wife is not much of a romantic. I'm convinced a whole lot of 30 years together and an in tact family is from work we attempt and don't always see others do. We don't even try to be "peas in a pod".

Still, there is something beyond lust, friendship, stars or luck in relationships. It's there in some other couples I know and have observed. Some proof might be when she dealt with cancer and a bad hospital mistake. There was nothing cute or sexy about it but somehow that made her as or move beautiful than ever. As much as we are more independent than many - especially my wife - I see where homo sapiens are pack animals too. The work to manage your pack no doubt does a lot for your well being.

It's complicated stuff to figure out and keep a relationship going. Now I think of my mother repeat telling her kids to not kid themselves about the importance of physical attraction as she stressed a bunch of other important characteristics.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  18. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

I opened this expecting to hear tales of horror, culminating in a hook being found on the car door upon returning home.

/Thread does not deliver...

Congratulations!

19. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

so... what you are saying is the adventure continues?

congrats , its 34 for us this november, and over 40 together , I think we are a lost breed with the longevity tyhing!

I wish you 30 more...enjoy

imwjl likes this.
  20. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Holic

I'm wondering if you & the blond were strangers when you left for the trip....did you have any "history" together at that point?
    I'm thinking what a leap of faith it would be to head out with a stranger.

imwjl likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.