Calling Bassbreaker 007 owners. Speaker question

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Deathray, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

1. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I played a BB 007 today, and was intrigued. I’m looking for a small footprint tube amp, for literal bedroom playing. My Blackstar Artist 15 stays in the living room, but I like the tone and size of the BB. My wife can watch tv, while I sequester myself in the bedroom.
    I thought it sounded great with the stock celestion 10-30, but I found a FSR model online that comes in a lacquered tweed, with a celestion G10 greenback. Anyone own one, or played both?
    Thanks!
    9138BC14-8FF4-44B9-AACF-4D20C85267A7.jpeg

2. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have an original one. Had it for 3 maybe 4 years now. I really like it. I use it at home. It can get loud when you want it to, but can also be quiet enough to practice with my roommate home and not bother him.
    I have though about a speaker swap, but haven’t done it.
    I do have to replace the power tube once a year or so. I don’t know if that is normal or not for an EL84 tube amp

Deathray likes this.
  3. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Just had this conversation with the friend I traded my 007 to. First off in all of my experience-which goes back to early seventies- the 007 speaker is the most dramatic in its breaking in of any I have heard. Once broken in it is a very good speaker for the amp. I am not married to green backs- but have several- one in a princeton and one in a marshall class 5-so I like them. My buddy is married to green backs and has considered one for the 007- but it sounds so good he questions it being worth the effort.

Deathray likes this.
  4. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Thanks for the input, guys!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.